Welcome to the new Cruising Sailors forum... and tips on logging in

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Thanks for making the trip! Some tips on use:

- The old forum is now a read-only archive. Search should work, links, images, should all function just as before but please let me know if anything is broken.

- I converted data from 2/1 - 2/11 from the old forum to this forum. While the converted data tests okay, it may be funky is some ways (like post counts and secondary level data).

- About half of you had existing logins on SBO. In those cases we attributed converted posts to your existing login.

- If your email address was not in the SBO system we created a new bare-bones registration for you. We couldn't bring your old password here because we can't read it in the old system. So, you'll need to go through the password reset process to create a password. Just click the "forgot password" link at login.

- If your username was already in use we had to make a minor change to it.

- If you have any questions or problems logging in please contact us through customer service: http://shop.sailboatowners.com/customerservice We'll get you set up and back online quickly.

Let me know if there's anything we can do!

Nov 26, 2008
Endeavour 42 Cruisin
Arrrgh mate, good onya.
Do semi-experienced coastal cruisers count? I only have 5 years cruising full time so I don't know much.

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
Arrrgh mate, good onya.
Do semi-experienced coastal cruisers count? I only have 5 years cruising full time so I don't know much.
5 years coastal, you're over qualified! Seriously, my interest in the CSBB has always been sailing, wherever it's done.
Sailing  (1 of 1).jpg

Feb 11, 2017
Rosborough 246 Upper Chesapeake
2016-07-17 At the Dock Swan Creek 2.jpg
Coastal cruisers are more than welcome. While there are some world cruisers on this list (and I sure hope they'll follow us from the old CSBB) most of us are/were coastal cruisers. My current boat isn't a sailboat but I've been hanging out at the CSBB and its predecesor the CWBB since somewhere around 1998.

Last edited:

Todd D

Jul 4, 2012
Allied Princess Southwest Harbor
Thank you for the new platform. Hopefully there will be more traffic here.

Feb 11, 2017
Pearson Alberg 35 Freeport, Maine
Thanks for keeping this forum going, Phil! I really like the higher resolution photos.

Cruise 07 193.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
wow- that was quick. Third iteration of the forum for me. CWBB, CSBB,, and this one. Oh, and TSBB 2 is Charlie Jones, of S/V Tehani

Apr 17, 2013
Hinckley B-40 Annapolis
cbmm reduced.jpg
Thanks for all the work you have done to keep this group alive. I learned more about keeping our old boat going from the CSBB than any other other place. I hope everyone makes the trip over. I was Ron on the old board (from Colorado).

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
wow- that was quick. Third iteration of the forum for me. CWBB, CSBB,, and this one. Oh, and TSBB 2 is Charlie Jones, of S/V Tehani
Yeah, sorry, it all went much quicker than I expected. Once started, I had to finish because we'd be losing newer posts. I really thought there would be alot more lead time..

And Charlie, we need to change your username! ;) PM me.

Mar 1, 2012
That looks like Drum Point Light, in Solomons Island. I have a great story about that from when I was anchored off in 1982

Liz

Feb 11, 2017
At last! I'm not active poster, but I've been an active lurker since the beginning, and visit nearly every day. I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority, but I had no love for the old format, which was feeling increasingly archaic. This is so much better -- easier to navigate, easier to track a whole thread, easier to scan quickly. Old posts will be easier to peruse. The photo format is great. And being able to hover your cursor over a post to get a quick read of the text before clicking is terrific. I suspect we'll have lots of new members as a result.

Thank you, Phil! It's terrific!

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Thanks Liz! One tip for those missing the context of the old board... when you reply, click the Reply w/Quote link, then shorten the quote to the relevant point. It provides context for your reply.

Feb 11, 2017
former Tartan 30 New London, CT area
Thanks Phil,
Changeover was quick and easy - just had to reset my password.

Apr 17, 2013
Hinckley B-40 Annapolis
That looks like Drum Point Light, in Solomons Island. I have a great story about that from when I was anchored off in 1982
Charlie, the light in post #8 above is the Hooper Straight Lighthouse which was moved to the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, St Michaels, MD in 1966. The photo is from 2016.

Mar 1, 2012
Charlie, the light in post #8 above is the Hooper Straight Lighthouse which was moved to the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, St Michaels, MD in 1966. The photo is from 2016.
That's the one I meant- thanks

When I was there, an elderly lady came up and informed the people at the museum that her father had once been the keeper,, and that she had grown up in the lighthouse. Told them she still had Christmas decorations from when she was a child, that had been used in the house, ,and asked if they'd like them. You can guess what the answer was !! :)

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Thanks for your post, Phil. I'd enjoy being a part of this forum, if I may. I have cruised the East Coast from FL to MA by way of the ICW several times, and currently cruise New England waters in the summer. I have some blue water experience on a steel hulled workboat, mostly in Florida and Caribbean waters, extending to the Carolinas. I'd still like to make a trip to Cuba someday, and would like to hear from other cruisers about that.