Welcome to the LOHSA forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2003
None None Rochester, NY
Welcome to the new LOHSA Forum. Please use this forum to communicate with the other LOHSA members.

There are changes in the wind. Angus Yachts of Toronto has closed up shop. Angus was our largest supporter during the year and especially at the annual Hunter Rendezvous held near Toronto. They will be truly missed as the members of LOHSA try to plan a rendezvous for 2009.

Those that have attended the LOHSA rendezvous on the U.S. side know that they are not heavily attended. We need to come up with ideas to improve the rendezvous on both north and south shores of our bi-national lake.

Please join us by filling out the on-line membership application at the official website at http://www.lohsa.com. Thank you, and hope to see notes from the membership of over 100 at this site.

Dec 3, 2003
None None Rochester, NY
A couple photos from 2008

rendezvous_2008_pcyc32.jpg

rendezvous_2008_pcyc_group.jpg

Here are just 2 images from the 2008 LOHSA Hunter Rendezvous at the Port Credit Yacht Club. As you can see, it was a Hawaiian theme.

TonyW

May 16, 2004
Hunter 41 Trident Yacht Club
Hi all
Mason's have a charity Bar-b-Q/Auction on the July 18th w/e, a couple of years ago we had the Toronto rendezvous to coincide with that. Perhaps that may be an option for 2009 at the Port Credit Village Marina. We do not need anything fancy, a couple of dozen boats make a great week end.

We had a great time in Sodus Bay last summer, not the elaborate rendezvous a lot of you know, but a nice get together in the spirit we started our HUNTER rendezvous in 2000 at Rochester. Remember in reality two boats make a rendezvous !!
Tony Wilcox
Kingfisher II

Oct 27, 2008
Hunter 356 Sodus Point
I agree with Tony that one can have a good time regardless of the size of the rendezvous. The Georgian Bay group holds several each season, some formal and some informal. I attended a weekender in 2006 there in Chimney Bay, felt very welcome and had a good time. We have some more Hunters now in Sodus that I hope we can get to attend this summer.

Annette and I plan to attend the Toronto Boat Show on the 17th as we will be returning from our BVI charter with Tony, Monica, John, Ellie and another Canadian couple on the 16th.

Here are some pictures from the 2008 Rendezvous in Canada. The first shows Tony's boat as we made our way to the site. We dodged and went through several squalls enroute.

Happy New Year!

Attachments

Dec 3, 2003
None None Rochester, NY
Here is a post from the main part of the Hunter Forum:

My name is Ted Grahame. Some of you may remember me as one of the CSM's at Angus Yachts. True North Yachts Inc. has become the dealer for Hunter Marine operating out of Port Credit Harbour Marina. The dealership is comprised of Allan Mestel as one of the dealer principals, John Armstrong as the general manager with Jamie Crane and one other yet to be named sales consultant. They will be up and running and representing Hunter Marine at the Toronto show. Hunter will have the 49, 45DS, 38 and 33 on display.
Mark Goodyear, Warren Whitmore and John Moles have formed Toronto Yacht Services. I do not believe they are affiliated with Hunter Marine or Jeanneau at this time.
I have joined up with Dan Moores, Pat Lewis, Zack Bolt, Luis Feriera and Paul Whealey to form Grahame Marine Services. Our intention is to pick up where we left off while with Angus. We are working with Hunter Marine and Jeanneau America both at the Boat Show and moving forward with warranty issues for current clients. We will also be continuing to offer full yacht management services as well as winterization and commissioning. Dan and I are both Raymarine certified as well as Volvo trained in diesel and gas engines. Zack and Pat probably commissioned most of your new Hunters. Luis and Paul are both exceptional in their respective fields.
We will all be working at the show and will have a presence on the Hunter and Jeanneau displays. If we miss you we can be reached at 905 483 2968 or ted@grahamemarine.com.
See you at the show.

Dec 3, 2003
None None Rochester, NY
Here is a post from the main part of the Hunter Owners Forum:

From Hunter Marine ( passed on through Georgain Bay HSA)

I just wanted to confirm that True North Yachts is our new Hunter dealer for Ontario and will have our full support as did Angus Yachts. The situation with Angus Yachts was very unfortunate but we believe that True North Yachts will step into their shoes and move us forward. The key people at True North Yachts are some names that you will recognize from Angus Yachts which are Allan Mestel and John Armstrong. We have many loyal customers in Canada and we want to make sure that they know we are still there to support them. Please pass on the news to all of your Hunter groups that we are back in business in Canada. We will be at the Toronto Boat Show where True North Yachts will be representing the Hunter brand.

Thanks,

Greg Emerson
Hunter Marine Corporation
Market Development Manager
800-771-5556 extension 3629
gregemerson@huntermarine.com

and from True North Yachts

Greg Emerson forwarded your email to me with respect to support for Hunter
Owners, I am pleased to advise you that True North Yachts Inc is the new
Hunter Dealer for Ontario, and as such will be available to address any of
your concerns. We will be at the Toronto Boat Show starting this Friday, and
among other venues we will be supporting the annual Hunter Rendezvous both
in Toronto and in your area. Please feel free to contact me at any time with
any issues that I may help you to address.
Warm regards
John
John Armstrong CPYB
True North Yachts Inc
1 Port Street East
Mississauga ON L5G 4N1
Tel: 905-274-8001 ext 29
Fax: 905-274-8004
Cell: 905-330-4837
john@truenorthyachts.ca

Scott B
Georgian Bay, Great Lakes