weird buldge in boat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2010
columbia not sure its not sea worthy yet
Hi all I am new to this forum and new to owning my own sailboat. My boss gave me a 22 foot columbia boat it needs to be cleaned up but Im worried about investing time and money if the buldge I discovered is going to be a problem. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this poses a problem or not, I have uploaded a front view you can see the buldge on the port side.

Thank you

Attachments

Nov 23, 2004
Columbia 8.7 Super wide body Deltaville(Richmond)VA
elivibe,
You need to crawl as far forward as you can and take a look at the bulkhead closest to your bulge. It may be that the boat took a hit of some sort, and the bulkhead broke loose from the hull. You won't really know until you get inside. If you can't get that close, try and get a photo with a digital camera. You can tape the camera to a stick, set the self timer and get into a pretty small space with good results.
Is the deck deformed as well? Send more pictures, that show a different profile than what is here.

Jun 26, 2010
columbia not sure its not sea worthy yet
Thank you I will take some pictures tonight after work, the deck seemed intact nothing obviously wrong with it at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.