Weight of trailered v22??

Apr 12, 2016
Macgregor Venture 222 Waconia
Hi, I was just wondering if anybody knows the combined weight of a venture 22 and trailer combo.? I need to buy tires, And need to figure out the max load. Thanks

Jan 22, 2008
Montgomery 17, Venture of Newport, Mirror sailing dinghy, El Toro sailing dinghy Mound, MN -- Lake Minnetonka
My Venture 23 has the same interior as the 22. The advertised weight w/o trailer is 2000 lb. I had the rig weighed at a weigh station and it came in at 3660 lb. with trailer and motor. This is slightly over the 3500 lb per pair rating of the new trailer tires I put on. I had no problems whatsoever in towing her from Minneapolis to Arizona. This was in the winter so heat was not a problem.

Apr 12, 2016
Macgregor Venture 222 Waconia
Thanks for the info. Yeah, the estimated weights I had seen seemed low and you confirmed that.

Apr 19, 2012
O'Day Daysailor 17 Nevis MN
Finding the weight of the boat is fairly easy.

https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/venture-22 1600 lb

The problem is that McGregor didn't make the trailer. Trailers were provided by several different manufacturers plus many trailers have been swapped around since the boat was built, 50 years ago. Your best option is to find a scale. If that's not possible try to find your trailer make and model.