Weekendd Surprisee

Aug 3, 2012
Performance Cruising Telstar 28 302 Watkins Glen
Unless the scale of that crack is grossly underscaled by the photo, it doesn't seem big enough to transmit that much water. I would look above that for any through-deck penetrations. Hairline cracks can lead to rotting, but that seems like a lot of water for a hairline crack.

Since you do seem to have complete saturation of the core, you can either cut out the deck or the liner, replace the core, and re-place the removed deck/liner.

Good luck,

Andrew

Sep 20, 2014
Rob Legg RL24 Chain O'Lakes
I think I might be inclined to drill a hole big enough to get my finger in it and then see what I have. Take a shop vac to it, and then let it sit and see if it stays dry or more water appears. If more water appears, then you have a pretty big problem.

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Arrived to find a small dripping crack on the cabin top. Found the source top sides. Cut out the offending piece, dry out the core and redneck? Sound like a plan???
I can' t help it.... What function does the "redneck" serve?

I hope that was your automatic spelling correction at work...

gpd955

Feb 22, 2006
Catalina 310 Cape May, NJ
I think I might be inclined to drill a hole big enough to get my finger in it and then see what I have. Take a shop vac to it, and then let it sit and see if it stays dry or more water appears. If more water appears, then you have a pretty big problem.
The photo is deceiving. Drilling a hole big enough of my finger would be about the size of the crack so that will probably be the way I go. I caught it early enough where I don't believe much damage was done and the moisture meter didn't indicate high moisture. I put a dab of Life Caulk on both sides to keep this weekend's anticipated rain out and will assess further when it's better out.

And yes Doug....spellcheck does it again!! Re-deck!

Aug 3, 2012
Performance Cruising Telstar 28 302 Watkins Glen
If you use a dremel to remove a small, square area, you will be able to epoxy it back in place. This will save to appearance of your deck.

Thanks

Andrew