Week Cruise Next Week

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
My wife and I are heading out Sunday night for the San Juans. First night will be Blake Island then hopefully Deer Harbor, Roche Harbor for a walk, Stuart, Suchia then around the east side. Planning on a week but probably will be less. If your going to cross paths let me know and lets meet up.

Dec 28, 2015
Met up with slip mates in my marina and we are shooting Deception Pass in the morning then off for a tour of the islands. Found out they were heading out Saturday night while we were going to push back Sunday evening. Some quick packing and we were on the water by 0630 this morning and had caught up with them at the Kingston fairy line. 11 hours of motoring we are now on the north shore of Hope Island.
11D804EB-D113-4BA2-9C25-531561554FAC.jpeg
6DBC8E97-D752-49B2-9031-862BB7C0D8C7.jpeg

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Will likely miss you, Mike. One of our grandsons (8 years old) came to spend a week with us and wants to sail on grandpa's boat for a few days. So, Hope Island is on our itinerary. Will probably head for the boat tomorrow and cast off Wednesday.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Kingston fairy line
Is that how they describe it now. I have heard Kingston is a mystical place but had no idea...

They do have a pub with some pretty tasty onion rings and good beer. But "Fairies" wow.

Dec 28, 2015
We had a excellent time for the week. Our friends left of on Tuesday after staying south of Rosario while we continued on. Kristy and I celebrated our 26th anniversary with a bottle of wine and the sunset at Turn Point on Stuart Island. Our sail from Sucia to Roche Harbor the next day was lively with 3 foot breaking seas and about 20 knot apposing winds. This was the highest numbers for Kristy and she did great and seems to really enjoy the excitement. 270 miles in 7 days, about 46 hours on the engine and 27 gallons of diesel. Next year we are planning on a 2 week trip to Desolation Sound. Successes of the trip was I did not touch (need to) a tool for the week. New fixes are figuring out a way to know the water level in the fresh water tank and replace the motor mounts and exhaust riser (which I have already done since getting back).

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Nice to hear that you had a nice cruise, Mike, and congrats on your anniversary.

Do try to allow more time for your Desolation Sound trip next year. Even a month would help make it a more worthwhile experience. So many places to explore there with some spectacular scenery.