Wednesday is photoday,...slackers!

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
FROLIC, a bright red knockabout designed by B.B. Crowninshield in 1908, was built in 1938.

DRAGON RUN is a smart looking cruising boat, but I don't know what she is (anybody know?). I just noticed that she has a Torqueedo hanging on the stern.

That's not surprising, I saw a real increase in EP dinghy's in 2019 but mostly on local boats.

Dragon Run, Frolic.jpg

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Looking nice.
It looks like you missed a patch or perhaps you ran out of paint.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
CAMBRIA 48" CAST IRON ROLL-TOP CLAWFOOT TUB

KG, I'm afraid I just don't see that bathtub look to her.
However,

Oh yeah! I see now.

-Will (Dragonfly)

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
I believe she is a Cambria 48, circa 1988, designed by David Walters.

Indeed. The insignia at the aft of the pinstripe certainly matches Cambria. At first I was also thinking Hinckley, but the insignia is not their talaria.

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
what is a 'talaria'?
1,000,000 miles at sea and i'm awful with nautical terms

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
Those are both very nice looking boats Tom.
I'm contemplating boat work these days, trying to figure out how to make this:
Teak and Holly.jpg
Fit here:
EV Floor.jpg
Looks like I may have to trim it down a bit

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
The art of spiling.

They are calling it a pattern board here, but you mark each point in your shape on the spile board with the notches in your joggle stick. Two notch marks correspond with a specific point. Keep track of your pairs of marks. Then, you can transfer those points to a piece of wood you want to cut to shape. Use a fine marking tool to get exact marks with minimal tolerance in the position of the joggle stick. A floor is perfect for a spile board because it's easy to lay the board on the floor. Setting it up in the same plane as a bulkhead, for example, is more difficult.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
She reminds me of a BIG $$$ Boat.
Pretty.:clap:

Which reminds of the phrase... Is that your Torqueedo or are you just happy to see me?:biggrin:
Reminds me of Blazing Saddles:
Bart riding into camp and he is overwhelmed with joy. He immediately runs to meet him, shouting words of excitement and disbelief. He says to Bart, “They said you was hung.” Bart replies, “And they was right!”
Brady Lamarr sentenced Bart to be hanged before he was made sheriff of Rock Ridge.

Episode-65-They-said-you-was-hung-1024x576.jpg