Wednesday is photo day!

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
I cannot look at that silhouetted figure and not somehow think "Poseidon". Great pic!

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
When I was a kid, we always kept a couple of drop lines in the trunk of the car, just in case we might want to stop off at a bridge to get a line wet somewhere.
Does anyone remember the Popeil's Pocket Fisherman?

When I was a kid living at Clearwater Marina, there was a guy who drove up to the foot of the causeway and pulled out his Popeil's Pocket Fisherman. He baited his hook and "cast" into the water below the bridge. Well, he got tangled and struggled for a few minutes. Finally he got it ready for another "cast". Apparently, a "birds nest" resulted and he spent another number of minutes getting that out. By this time, we could hear him cursing all the way across the parking lot. He tried again, and again had trouble. Finally he cocked his arm back and that Popeil's Pocket Fisherman is now on the bottom under the causeway bridge at the end of Clearwater Marina. The guy turned back to his car and popped his trunk. He reached in and pulled out a traditional spincaster.o_O
Fishing, I think, is the only sport that promises to relax and reconnect us with nature like no other, but only delivers on that promise half the time. The other half of the time, it ratchets up the stress to a level only, otherwise, achieved from divorce proceedings.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
Does anyone remember the Popeil's Pocket Fisherman?
I thought it was the Ronco Pocket Fisherman. I'm thinking like 1972ish. Mine was tan in color with a white crank handle. It was junk. I did much better with a drop line.