Wednesday is PHOTO DAY!

Aug 3, 2005
Currently boatless - Eastern Seaboard
Where is photo day? Or maybe I'm just missing it. But here ya go.

This was taken in Brunswick, Georgia and is the cover of a book I'm in the process of publishing, "The Voyage of Drift Away: Stamford to Annapolis". Next will be Annapolis to Jacksonville. What an adventure this was, even for a sailor.
Sunset_3398.JPG

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
Two of my two best sunset pics
1) Buckle Harbor just off Casco Passage
View attachment 143893

2) View From Eagle island:
View attachment 143894
Buckle always one of our favorites. We came across a little baby seal on the beach there one time. As recommended we just walked past the little guy, as their moms go fishing and leave the pups on the beach while they fish. Thanks for the great pic.

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
The east coast is a collection of people. Sometimes, just beyond the shore, there's a clash of cultures on the water. Along the Maine coast, at times, it's a socioeconomic train wreck to see or photograph.

Amazingly we all get along,...well enough.

Culture coast_.jpg

Jan 27, 2016
Ranger 29 Bayside, Maine
Quite the juxtaposition of purpose for the two subject vessels, cool shot.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
That could be Elk Snout !

From Overboard -
Joanna Stayton/"Annie Proffitt": Well, the entire civilized world knows that ALL closets are made of CEDAR.
Dean Proffitt Carpenter: [in a backwoods accent] Well up here in Elk Snout ma'am see we don't know 'bout them closets, nor bathrooms neither. $hit woman, you're lucky I am house broke.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
hey, is that the same pelican from pic #1 taking the return flight?
- Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Key West, October 2012
My wife and I were at Sunset Festival watching an escape artist in a straight jacket, along with about 100 other people, and this woman, standing next to me, spent the whole time complaining, 40 minutes straight (that's how long it took the guy to get out of the straight jacket). She said, "blah blah blah ... better entertainment on any street corner in New York ... complain complain complain ... and I've seen better looking sunsets driving home from work in Long Island."
I would seriously love to see that Long Island sunset of it comes even close to such a beautiful one as that picture.

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
nd I've seen better looking sunsets driving home from work in Long Island."
If she'd been a sailor she would have stopped to take a picture. I'm beginning to think sailors were born camera in hand. Some great photos in this thread every week.

Oct 10, 2011
Tartan 34C Toms River, New Jersey
My wife and I were at Sunset Festival watching an escape artist in a straight jacket, along with about 100 other people, and this woman, standing next to me, spent the whole time complaining, 40 minutes straight (that's how long it took the guy to get out of the straight jacket). She said, "blah blah blah ... better entertainment on any street corner in New York ... complain complain complain ... and I've seen better looking sunsets driving home from work in Long Island."
I would seriously love to see that Long Island sunset of it comes even close to such a beautiful one as that picture.
Typical New York comment. I frequent the Keys often, and the only time I hear negative comments it's from a New Yorker or someone from north Jersey. I sure would love to know were she saw a decent sunset on Long Island.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
You know, being a Florida native and living there for a few years after marrying, I worked in the construction, cabinetmaking industry. I found they sold buttons in the mall that said, "We don't care how you do it in New York."
Anyhow, there are many perfectly wonderful New Yorkers. South Florida seems to attract the ones who wish they were still in New York.
Enough New Yorker bashing, I hope you had a great Thanks Giving, everyone.
- Will (Dragonfly)