Wednesday is Photo Day

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Congrats to @Scott T-Bird and Sue on their new to them boat. A whole new set of boat projects!

Sailing through NY Harbor is impressive. A few years ago we spent the night at Liberty Marina across the river from lower Manhattan. Incredible views. While I had heard stories of how challenging the boat traffic is in the harbor, we didn't find it over whelming. Except maybe when the big white cruise ship came up from behind.

IMG_0541.jpeg

IMG_0551.jpeg

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Congrats Scott, Sue and delivery crew member Ward. You guys looked to have had a great cruise.

We look forward to the rest of the story.
Safe sail - Homeward Bound.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Scott will be on later with details of the trip and the boat but I will say NYC was very cool.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Such rich color. Tell me that was image taken, not photo shop enhancements.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Does anypne know of a 38 Cataline name Odyssee from Burtonsville, Md? Said boat took pics of my friends boat under full spinnaker and friend would sure like to have a copy of it. Help? This would be in the Annapolis/Deale area.

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
Unlike Tom I still keep my kids onboard with me :D
Grace and Branwen.jpg

We had a warm weekend, great for cooling off in the water and lazing around not doing much. I picked an anchorage to protect from the forecasted South wind picking up during the night. This anchorage is open to the West to North West which allowed for a nice breeze during the day and then a quite sunset when the wind changed direction as predicted. We did have a T-storm at night but there wasn't much wind in it.
20200718_163953.jpg

Trimaran Sunset.jpg

The wind picked up on Sunday and we had a nice close hauled (but only one tack :) for the entire 12 miles) sail home.
Starboard Tack downstream.jpg

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
Stonington CT morning - delicate mist
Stonington morning fog 2.jpeg

Morning on the water is a special feeling
Stonington morning fog.jpeg

When it's still and quiet, and it looks like it's going to be a beautiful day

Stonington morning glow.jpeg

It's good to be alive and well.

Stonington morning clering.jpeg

Not sailing conditions, yet, but the day holds promise.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Unlike Tom I still keep my kids onboard with me :D
View attachment 182740
We had a warm weekend, great for cooling off in the water and lazing around not doing much. I picked an anchorage to protect from the forecasted South wind picking up during the night. This anchorage is open to the West to North West which allowed for a nice breeze during the day and then a quite sunset when the wind changed direction as predicted. We did have a T-storm at night but there wasn't much wind in it.
View attachment 182734
View attachment 182739
The wind picked up on Sunday and we had a nice close hauled (but only one tack :) for the entire 12 miles) sail home.
View attachment 182741
@DArcy you're cruel. Those photos look to be of my favorite cruising grounds in NE Lake Ontario on the wrong side of the border of course. :(

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
Those photos look to be of my favorite cruising grounds in NE Lake Ontario on the wrong side of the border of course.
@dlochner I'm on the Ottawa River; this part of the river is a 24 mile long lake. It will be a few years before I move the boat to Lake Ontario unfortunately. With kids still in school and a lot of work to do on the boat it's just easier to keep it local for now with a 20 minute drive from home and the local marine supply store just 5 minutes from the boat.
I'd like to sail down to your corner of the lake some time. It looks like there are a few nice bays to explore in your neighborhood. With the right wind a nice day sail across from Kingston, a long weekend then back across. The only time I get down there is racing when we make a turn around the Ford Shoal buoy then head back out into the lake.