Wednesday is Photo Day....sure it's Tuesday evening, but why not

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Here she is at ~4 years old sailing my old Frances 26 off the coast of Oahu looking for humpback whales.
She looks like she knows right where to go to find them. That's a captain with confidence. :waycool::clap:

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
She looks prepared for the experience ar 4. At 21 you must be very proud. Congrats to both of you.

Oct 22, 2014
Great pics. At that age did they eat the fish they caught?

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Aboard Stu Jackson's Catalina on SF Bay
I have a dream of sailing with Stu one day. I sent him a PM once when I was headed to the bay area, and it happened to be the week he was leaving for Canada! Maybe one day when I am back in the Seattle area... I suspect he is worth the drive up.

Oct 22, 2014
Oh yes I believe @Stu Jackson is worth crossing the border and the Georgia Strait to share a Guinness or Red wine and a steak. :biggrin:

He does make a tasty spaghetti aboard Aquavite.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Stu and I had been online friends for close to 20 years when my current book was released and my publisher booked me into the Sail America show in Richmond CA (same show that used to be in Jack London Square in Oakland). I emailed Stu that we'd finally have a chance to meet "in person" if he could make it to the show. Within minutes he emailed back "I have a better idea...stay over a day after the show closes and I'll take you sailing on SF Bay." Fortunately I hadn't made my plane reservation yet, making that an offer I definitely couldn't refuse! The weather for the whole 4 days of the show was MISERABLE--cold and raining--so I was pretty sure when the show closed on Sunday that there'd be no chance of going sailing the next day...but as you can see in the photo, Monday dawned absolutely gorgeous...high 70s, light 7-10 knot air. Stu picked me up about 10 am and gave me one of the best days on the water I've ever spent! Less than a month later he emailed me that his wife's dad's health had deteriorated to a point that made it necessary for them to move to BC to look after him.
Stu and his son brought the boat up...he described their trip in detail in a blog he named "Travels With Aquavite" that's a WONDERFUL read! You should be able to find it online. If not, I'm sure Stu will be glad to post a link to it.

--Peggie

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
It is indeed a wonderful read, and I recommend it to all. A lesson in tides, and planning, and all the other things involved in covering long coastal distances in boats.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
he described their trip in detail in a blog he named "Travels With Aquavite" that's a WONDERFUL read! You should be able to find it online. If not, I'm sure Stu will be glad to post a link to it.
Glad you enjoyed it.

Here it is for those of you who haven't yet:

I've posted our log (with charts & photos) here:

San Francsico Bay to British Columbia 2016

Photos are under some of the later months' tabs, click on the month to expand to see the photo listings.

Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
Thanks for capturing and sharing your trip. Well written and I enjoyed reading all of it. One big take away for me besides the careful route planning was you weren’t schedule driven. Yes, you wanted to bring her safely to her new home as soon as you could but it appears you didn’t let that dictate timing and weather observance.