Wednesday is Photo Day - 2021

Phil

Feb 11, 2017
Morris Annie Haleiwa, HI
Way too busy on Wednesday so getting an early start.

My wife and I recently celebrated our 25th anniversary (the silver anniversary). Since neither of us is into jewelry we renamed it our "carbon fiber anniversary" and bought two, slightly used OC 1 canoes. Here's a pic of the 2nd one that my wife and daughter bought yesterday. I'm in SF this week and can hardly wait to get home to give it a spin. 20' 8" and ~22 lbs of really fast fun.

OC1.jpg

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
Only a few boats left in the harbour, including Black Jack, recently returned after many years cruising the great lakes.
It's getting late in the season so my boat is high and dry but after the weather this weekend I'm a little jealous of the boats still in the water.

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
There was some good sailing in October and into early November. It was an odd season with flukey winds. I never tied a reef in all season. October was all or nothing, when it was all, I didn't even need a mainsail.
65679044823__EFA0D6C3-5A85-4FE1-B5A0-4AE0F9475906.jpeg

By the end of October, most of the anchorages were empty. Even popular Pulpit Harbor.
Purple mountains.jpg

The second week of November, the hook awaits:

IMG_8338 (1).jpeg

There is always Xmas wrapping to do this time of year.

Cover 2021.jpeg

Still, boats are coming out of the sheds.

LOUISA builders plate.jpg

LOUISA is an Italian yawl built in 1967. With skim ice on the harbor in the mornings, she's a long way from Luglio, Italy.

LOUISA far.jpg

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
I should at least add a photo of our last sail this season after my apologetic sarcasm to @jon hansen . So here’s that last day of this season before haul out at the end of October with my good pal Bob. Pretty chilly at 50F and 5 - 15 Kts of blow, heading down wind.
E9859369-A5B6-4979-BAB8-EFD4B62CF2D9.jpeg

Last edited:

Phil

Feb 11, 2017
Morris Annie Haleiwa, HI
The new motor, batteries, charge controller, etc are all in. Head hoses will be replaced on Monday along with the solar vent in the head. Kolibri will be in the water again shortly after that. I will post photos and details of the electric repower in early January.

IMG_4162cr.jpg

Phil

Feb 11, 2017
Morris Annie Haleiwa, HI
Approaching the SF Bay Bridge on the way back to Westpoint Harbor Marina from Berkeley Marine Center. The new electric motor is awesome! It was actually pleasant to motor sail in zero to light winds for the entire return trip. I'll post more pictures and info next week. I'm home in Hawaii for a 5 day weekend returning to the Bay Area on Tuesday.
IMG_4223 cr.jpg

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Approaching the SF Bay Bridge on the way back to Westpoint Harbor Marina from Berkeley Marine Center. The new electric motor is awesome! It was actually pleasant to motor sail in zero to light winds for the entire return trip. I'll post more pictures and info next week. I'm home in Hawaii for a 5 day weekend returning to the Bay Area on Tuesday. View attachment 201936
I would love to hear A LOT more about your electric repower adventure. It is something I have been thinking about a lot lately.