Wednesday is Photo Day - 2021

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
A good read about sailing explorers is Over the Edge of the World about the first circum navigation.
After sailing on the Bounty, I was amazed that anyone got anywhere sailing in ships like that and HMS Bounty was much more modern than the ships Columbus and Magellan were sailing. Those were brave men sailing off into the unknown in vessels like those.

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
It's a little lonely out there but we crossed wakes with our kids in the $1 sailboat. They're getting their money's worth.
NAMO 2021crop.jpg

Most any anchorage is private right now. The nearest boat was miles away here even though our home is less than 6 miles away as the crow flies.

IMG-3255.jpg

The days are warm but the evenings can be chilly. So can the dawns, like this one this week. A warm fire below, is welcome.

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Sailing is definitely over in northern Michigan. Weather forecast this week includes measurable snowfall. Not a big deal because most of us are hauled out and covered up or in the barn by the end of September.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I was hauling Tally Ho out at East Chicago Marina (south end of Lake Michigan) a few weeks ago…

a man I didn’t know came up to me and said “I have something you may be interested in”. Wasn’t sure where that was going to go, but he pulled out his cell phone, opened his photos app, and there was Tally Ho, sailing in a stiff breeze, reefed down a little…the guy that gave me the photos said we were sailing in 25-30 knots….

I don’t remember seeing another boat sailing around me that day, but I was appreciative of the photos from a different vantage point!

Damn fine looking boat if I do say so myself :)
BE9207E5-A5AA-44EC-830C-7AA53DB6B3B0.jpeg

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
The season is winding down on the coast of Maine. There are still quite a few boats left to haul (including mine).
IMG_3369.jpeg

The gales of November (and October) have been kind to our harbor blowing largely out of the Northerly direction.

Rockport Harbor foliage.jpg

Fall season 2021 has been vivid.

Xmas Lasell 2021.jpg

Bittersweet? Maybe, if you think you didn't have enough.

I've had my fill.

Sunset Lasell 2021.jpg