Wednesday is Photo Day - 2021

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
My daughter's Opti team raced in the Fruit Cup a week ago. Normally called the Fruit Bowl they had to limit attendance due to COVID restrictions so the bowl turned into a cup. They still had some good racing with shifty and variable winds one day then steady 11~12 knots the next. My buddy brought his Whaler to the regatta so I was able to get out close to the action
DSC_5668.jpg

One of the other parents brought a paddle board and went out with her non-waterproof DSLR. I grabbed this shot but just had to turn it into an inspirational poster
Confidence.jpg

The kids had a great time and no cameras were injured.
DSC_5790.jpg

Jan 27, 2016
Ranger 29 Bayside, Maine
This is a friend's drone shot taken from Flake island off the northeast end of Isle au Haut Maine. You are looing into the east end of Isle au Haut thorofare, with Kimball island on the right and IaH on the left. Most of the boats in the foreground are from part of our club cruise. Mine is the red one in the two boat raft to the right.
FlakeIslandMorning.jpg

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I know it is not Wednesday... but I took these yesterday (Wednesday).

Here are some shots from the Ashley River near Charleston, SC

IMG_3638.JPG

Steel Ketch at anchor

IMG_3643.JPG

Race is on...

JENJ5129.JPG

Hwy 17 bridge

RXRK7587.JPG

Fort Sumpter

WGCZ5120.JPG

The Citadel

XGGA9674.JPG

Random Shot

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Nice photo Jim. Looks like you had good weather with those high Cirrus Clouds.

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
The CORK Optimist Regatta was last weekend in Kingston, ON. I got a ride in a Boston Whaler and was playing photo boat. I got some pictures of the kids working their Optis around the course. After a couple of days I figured out where to sit to stay out of the way but still get some good shots.
DSC_6440.jpg

DSC_6415.jpg

DSC_6065.jpgDSC_6250.jpgDSC_6358.jpgDSC_6365.jpgDSC_6421.jpgDSC_6441.jpg

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
PERFECT! I totally want to meet the person who came up with that boat name....:clap:
Why of course it was the producers of Gilligan’s Island and subsequently a double entendre professional. Love the boat name so much, I might change mine. :facepalm:

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Why of course it was the producers of Gilligan’s Island and subsequently a double entendre professional. Love the boat name so much, I might change mine. :facepalm:
Cast away those old names gingerly and profess or declare your love to marry and treasure always the love each of your boats offers you as a creature of the sea with fin and fluke and gill again and again while other names skip or fly by so fickely.

OMG! That sounded like I was drunk.
(I must be, I used 'OMG' in a sentence).

-Will

Oct 31, 2012
Hunter 2008 H25 Lake Wabamun
Looks like a little smoke in the air. After all the forest fires the last couple of years it’s a wonder we have any trees left.
Yes, smoke from BC has been blowing across Alberta for most of the summer. Hope they get some rain soon so we can breathe a bit better. As for the forests, they will grow back either from planting or naturally, after all, fires have been burning long before humans arrived here.

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
Yes, smoke from BC has been blowing across Alberta for most of the summer. Hope they get some rain soon so we can breathe a bit better. As for the forests, they will grow back either from planting or naturally, after all, fires have been burning long before humans arrived here.
Have been getting a taste of our own medicine (smoke) the last couple of days. Cold front coming in tonight should bring some relief for both of us. Rain in the forecast tonight/ tomorrow.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Cast away those old names gingerly and profess or declare your love to marry and treasure always the love each of your boats offers you as a creature of the sea with fin and fluke and gill again and again while other names skip or fly by so fickely.

OMG! That sounded like I was drunk.
(I must be, I used 'OMG' in a sentence).

-Will
Dude....! :beer:

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
3 weeks on the water started with a bang: After loading up and returning the boat to the mooring, the engine quit. I just changed filters so bleed. No air coming out,...that looks like milk. Yep, I finally pulled the text book bone head boat mistake - in my haste to fill 3 water tanks, I topped off the diesel with 5-10 gallons of fresh water.

The next day was filled with unscheduled tasks, 5 gallon buckets, drill pump, new filters, etc, etc. Day #1 rained anyway so alls well that ends well.

Most boats I've ever seen on the coast of Maine. We avoided most of them. :)

Perry Creek 2021 Sunrise copy.jpg