We need your aluminum stanchion base

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
I believe they were used on the Hunter 34 and several others of that generation. If you've replaced one or happen to have one you can spare please contact me at phil at hunterowners.com.

Thanks!

May 21, 2004
Hunter 31_83-87 Milwaukee South Shore Yacht Club
Does anyone still make or carry the stanchions for the 1987 Hunter 31s? I think the 34s used the same stanchions.

Here are photos of a stanchion. What is unique about this stanchion is that it tapers and has a bolt hole in the bottom to attach to the metal rail around the edge of the boat(toerail). It has two holes for lifelines, one at the top and one half-way down. Then it has two legs at the bottom that bolt through the deck. Most newer stanchions have a flat base that bolts to the deck.

Attachments

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
The early ones are like the ones on the Horizon 1 (extrusion) post and the later models had the ones like Marybeth & Rip.

My 1985 H'31 had the extrusions. I think that they were used on most of the Hunters mfg from 83 - 85/86.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Nobody makes them anymore, which is why we'd like to find a real live 3-D sample, so we can do something about that. :)

Sep 4, 2007
Hunter 33.5 Elbow, Saskatchwen, Can.
Phil
I sent you a e-mail a couple of days ago. I've got one extra that I will lend to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.