We got a slip for the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryA

Oct 17, 2004
Tanzer 29 Jeanneau Design Sandusky Bay, Lake Erie
Debbie and I got a slip for the summer. We'll be on Sandusky Bay with easy access to Lake Erie when the conditions are right. The bay looks like a good place for us to sail and in general have fun on the weekends. We'll be keeping "Purr'n" in Battery Park Marina at a 20' slip. So if any other Hunter owners are in the marina stop by and say hi. Jerry & Debbie

K

Kevin (Maelstrom)

Go beyond the bay

The bay will be fun but be sure and venture on out to the Islands and over to the state park on Catawba

JerryA

Oct 17, 2004
Tanzer 29 Jeanneau Design Sandusky Bay, Lake Erie
Can't wait till summer

Kevin - :) We sailed from Catawba State Park around South Bass and back last fall. It was a blast. I want to do more this summer. I've put in at Cooley Canal a couple of times, but there isn't much going on around there. Jerry

J

john

slip for the summer

having a slip is great. I sometimes think that I would explore more / go to different sailing locations if I didn't have a slip, but I can decide that I want to go sailing at 10:30 AM and be under sail by 11:00. I bet I sail at least 5 times as much as I would if my boat were in the garage. I have had bad luck with the big lakes however. I have trailered to Lake Huron twice when the weather man said the conditions were good, only to find 25 mph winds screaming off the lake - too much for me!! I am hoping to get into Lake St. Clair this summer, Maybe Lake Erie. I live about as far away from a Great Lake as you possibly can and be in Michigan, but I am within two hours of three of them! Today it was 63F here, I would have really considered launching if I didn't have so much yard work to do. I did see a couple of kids swimming after their canoe on the Huron River and thought that it seemed pretty painful, there was ice in it yesterday! Hope they caught their boat. come on spring John

Status
Not open for further replies.