Watertight deck fittings

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
Has anyone found a a source for the rubber grommets used on this style fitting? Mine are pretty shot and would like to replace them rather than buying a new fitting.
upload_2017-11-29_13-1-46.jpeg

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
Some rubber compression fittings meant for plumbing applications could do in a pinch, no?
Certainly depends on diameter.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Have you contacted the manufacturer? Whitecap Waterproof Cable Outlet and Plug Assembly?

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
I have found similat grommets at a hardware store. They generally have a section of drawer-like boxes in the nuts and bolts section with all kinds of small odds and ends in metal, plastic, rubber, etc.
In a pinch, I have remporarily used a dab of silicone sealer in the fitting.It works and you can still get it apart if necessary.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Even on new fittings of that type, I've doubled up by using butyl tape. I would probably just use the butyl tape if the supplied grommet went missing or was bad.

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
Thanks everyone, Capta, I took your advise and called Whitecap. Great people if I can plug them here, they are mailing 5 grommets to me no charge. This is a new to me 15 year old boat which was commissioned by the dealer that I bought her from. They reused the beat up grommets with silicone. They looked terrible when I hauled her. I store her inland and remove the mast. I'm sure this is a .10 part if I can find an equivalent. He suggested I bring one to Grainger or McMaster Carr if I needed any other size. He also said a rubber Oring/grommet/compression fitting would probably work.