waterproof connectors for mast lights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jay Beery

I purchased a very used C-22 four months ago. However I am unable to obtain a slip or mooring in my local lake, so I will have to trailer every time I want to sail. I do want to do a lot of overnights on the boat so I need a mast light of some sort. They do a lot of night fishing here in Indy and I don't want to be hit! I will need some sort of fast, easy, waterproof connectors for lights and radio. There is some sort of connector on the cabin top but not on the mast for the light. I would also like to put a couple of antennas (spelling?) up on the mast head. I saw in a cruising magazine that someone had used stainless tubing to run all their mast cables through into the cabin. It was like an inverted "J" on top of the cabin top. It looked like the opposit of a "P" trap under a sink. How close to the mast step can I sink an 1-1/2" hole for a J tube? Has anyone seen or used a set-up like this before. --Note-- To the gentleman that told me not to use parafin for mold release for a fiberglass project...sorry man it worked great! Just before the resin fully cures, start pulling the part off the mold. It did come off inside-out but because it is still soft I pushed it out the right way and worked great! I did end up making the part in three parts but I think that is because the mold was made with the radius's too tight. Live and learn!!!!!!!! Thanks to all who respond, Jay Beery

C

Charlie

Don't do it

Jay, Take my advice! Call Catalina and ask them for an electrical drawing including light specifications and location. Then purchase the lights install and get on with your sailing. Do Not go out at night without the proper working lights. Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.