Waterproof connector for outboard alternator wires.

May 16, 2020
Ranger 20 Spokane
Hello,
I can do a lot of things with boats, but I am seriously weak at electronics. Thankfully my boat's systems are very simple!
I bought a new outboard, it has an alternator and came with a long set of wires to connect to the battery. I already have wires connected to my battery charger for this purpose so I just need to connect a plug between the two. Half of the old plug is pictured, the other half I mistakenly left on my old outboard.

What waterproof connector would you recommend for this purpose?
I found this on Fisherie's website but it's unbelievably expensive, and I don't think these wires are 14 guage.

Any help is appreciated

Matt

Attachments

Mar 2, 2019
Oday 25 Milwaukee
Many of us use a quick disconnect from a trolling motor. I use a industrial battery disconnect .They have plugs thatseal the connector when they aren't beingused

Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
Clean it up with a wire brush and load it with waterproof grease. Should be fine.

If proprietary connectors bug you, a 2-wire trailer connector loaded with grease is pretty dependable, $5, and easy to replace. They are common for a reason. They work (if kept greased).

In my case, I use a slender connector and slide it up into the motor housing, where it stays dry.

• Helpful