Water Witch Float Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2008
Catalina 310 Waretown, NJ
This weekend our Rule automatic float switch died. The one we have in there is the original (2001 Catalina Hull 62). There is no identifying model numbers on it, so I can't provide that to you. Anyway, it is a shorter float that what is available now on the market by Rule. The ones on the market by Rule are around 5" and I can only use a 4 3/4" float. Our pump is still good. I've been looking around and I see there is a Water Witch electronic bilge switch which is relatively small and should fit between the keel bolts. I'm wondering if anyone has used this as a replacement or has any reviews on it.

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
abyssal

After playing around with new switches this was my solution.

I installed this pump and it went bad in 4 months....took it back to WM and they

gave me a new one......saying that Rule had problems with the earlier models.

paulj :troll:

Attachments

Mar 10, 2012
Catalina 310 Hull#293 Erie, PA
Water Witch Switch

I installed a Water Witch switch this summer. Still using the Rule pump, but on the strong recommendation of my Tech, we pulled the float switch out and switched to the Water Witch. The float was letting water level get too high for me and it was not adjustable in the space we have. And due to some weird wiring, the pump was cycling on every three minutes, even if there was no water to trigger it. Very annoying especially when overnighting aboard.

So this quarter sized element gets water on it and turns on the pump. Between justified cycles, quiet. I have tested it with a damp paper towel, bingo, on goes the pump.

Attachments

pk104

Jun 30, 2009
Catalina 310 Atwood Lake
Do any of you get water behind your bilge that doesn't drain into deep area? My bilge doesn't drain well between the three areas either.

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
Do any of you get water behind your bilge that doesn't drain into deep area? My bilge doesn't drain well between the three areas either.

Yes..........

Status
Not open for further replies.