Water, water everywhere! 82 O'Day 19

GerryG

Sep 16, 2018
O'Day 19 Bayport, NY
So I've got an ongoing problem with bilge water in my boat. Every time I think I've got it dry, there's more. Part of the problem is that the boat lives in my driveway, which is a steep tilt, so the boat is tipped forward. I pull it on the street and jack it up, even drive it a few blocks away to a steep hill so it is pointing up and try to pump the water out. No matter what, there is always more. What am I missing? Anybody got any insight?

Is there a low point in the bilge where I could set up some kind of pump setup or something?

Sep 29, 2015
Oday 222 Lake N ockamixon, pa
So I've got an ongoing problem with bilge water in my boat. Every time I think I've got it dry, there's more. Part of the problem is that the boat lives in my driveway, which is a steep tilt, so the boat is tipped forward. I pull it on the street and jack it up, even drive it a few blocks away to a steep hill so it is pointing up and try to pump the water out. No matter what, there is always more. What am I missing? Anybody got any insight?

Is there a low point in the bilge where I could set up some kind of pump setup or something?
On my 222 the toe rails leaked water, the mast step leaked water and the stanchions leaked water. Sounds like it time to re-bed stuff.

GerryG

Sep 16, 2018
O'Day 19 Bayport, NY
Window/chainplate leakage. Mine was from the windows...re-bedded all openings on my 37, problem gone!
I have considered taking that on. It's likely that the beddings are gone. Maybe this fall before winterizing. Thanks.

Aug 7, 2018
Catalina 350 Great Sodus Bay, Lake Ontario
I have considered taking that on. It's likely that the beddings are gone. Maybe this fall before winterizing. Thanks.
You may want to use Butyl Calk to re-bed everything. It is easy to work with and simple to clean up after. Go to Mainsails site to purchase it. I use at the house as well as the boat.

GerryG

Sep 16, 2018
O'Day 19 Bayport, NY
You may want to use Butyl Calk to re-bed everything. It is easy to work with and simple to clean up after. Go to Mainsails site to purchase it. I use at the house as well as the boat.
I've heard that it is the go to product for these fittings. I'm planning on using it. Thanks.