water tank to pump hose

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kevin Hostler

My 79 h33 has a new 12 volt water pump but the previous owner used a garden hose from the tank to the pump. I think it should have nylon reinforced tubing so that it doesnt collapse from suction on the hose. What is the right kind of tubing to use and do I need to pull it through with the old tubing when istalling it. Is this a big ordeal. Thanks Kevin

E

Ed Schenck

Go to the store and take. . .

a fitting or a piece of the hose with you. I always feel more comfortable being able to size it properly. But BoatUS and West Marine are good about returns. You can look on the BoatUS online store under "plumbing", then "fresh water systems", then "potable water hose". Pretty sure it is 1/2" though. Is Lowes/Home Depot the same stuff? Probably. I see from the Hunter manual(http://people.ne.mediaone.net/tlyons/tdl/hunter/index.html) that you have quite a challenge. Did not realize that the hose had to run from all the way in the front.

T

Tim Schaaf

Not too tough

If yours is like mine, all the runs are quite accessible, with the exception of the one from the aft locker under the starboard settee, under the chest of drawers, and then to the compartmnet under the vanity in the head. You may want to pull your new hose through that spot with your old one. Everything else is easy. You might use the chance to put in a strainer, somewhere under the head vanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.