Water tank level gauge circuit board

Nov 19, 2017
Bavaria Bavaria 40 North Hero, VT
The water level gauge for the two water tanks on my 2002 Bavaria 40 appears to have been damaged by stray current from a nearby lightning strike. The forward water tank level now shows as full all the time on the dial gauge when the toggle switch is pushed for the forward tank. The rear tank level is correct when the toggle switch is pushed for that tank.

I have switched the water level sensor wires on the printed circuit board that is mounted on the main electrical panel board and confirmed that the forward water tank sensor gauge works correctly when connected to the rear tank connector on the circuit board.

The dial gauge showing the water level works correctly and the wiring from the sensors in the tanks to the circuit board are also not damaged. This leads to the conclusion that the issue is with the circuit board.

Has anyone had this same problem? If so, do you know of a source for a replacement circuit board of the same size as the OEM?

Thank you.

Attachments

Jan 3, 2024
Bavaria Cruiser 51 Tauranga
Can you post a close up picture of both sides of the circuit board? Chances are an electronic component has been damaged and could be replaced.

Feb 17, 2021
Bavaria 41 Olympia
My 2004 Bavaria 41 was hit by lightening and insurance repaired by prior owner, except they did not replace the water tank guage damage. I live with bad guages but might replace the damaged parts if not prohibitive.