water pump on MD6A

Oct 30, 2019
Wondering if anyone can give me any advice regarding the water pump on Bella's motor (MD6A). It is leaking a bit at the shaft when running (maybe an ounce every ten minutes). My guess is that it needs a seal replacement. It looks to be an easy job according to the workshop manual-- pulling out the shaft and replacing the seals... but my experience so far has been that nothing is as easy as it looks... I am a novice as a mechanic-- advice/warnings would be great! Also, any ideas where I could I find replacement parts in the US?Thanks!

May 30, 2006
Original is very old.Don’t think the original part is available but there is a newer (lol) part number that can be purchased. At least as of about 8 years ago when i replaced mine.The problem is that the rubber impeller erases metal and eventually the pump leaks around the sides of the impeller making it not pump so much water and overheating problems.If interested, i might be able to dig up the part no_Or you might be able to dig up a bunch of the original albin vega group emails from the original conversation that live forever on the internetSent from my iPhone

May 30, 2006
Can’t remember too much about how the base is sealed. I might be as easy as gasket maker in a tube, or cutting your own from gasket material. On the impeller area, a quick fix is to just flip the impeller lid where there is fresh metal.Sent from my iPhone