Water maker

xavpil

Sep 6, 2022
Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 419 Milwaukee
my water maker is stern and freshwater tank bow. Long distance to run the “final” tube of fresh water from the pump to the tank.
1- Where/how do I connect the fresh water line that comes from the water maker On the freshwater tank?
2- Or do I connect the line with a T connection , closer to intake from the deck?
thx!

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
With all due respect, no photos, no boat info, just thrown out like that? How is anyone going to be able to give "real" advice....

Both options you mention sound feasible. A third option would be to put in a small tank and pump, then pump the desalinated water to your main tank.

Give us more info. Someone may then give you some decent advice.

dj

May 29, 2018
Canel 25 foot Shiogama, japan
Hi xavpil.
I think we can clear this up but as dj pointed out a little more information (for us and for you) is needed.
1. freshwater tank bow
The Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 419 should have two tanks.
This manual page 37 https://horizonyachtcharters.com/wp...410-2020-Tola-Sunrise-Operations-Manual-1.pdf
That should be the first thing for you to confirm.

2. my water maker is stern
Is this a new water maker that you are fitting or is it on the boat already?
What does the water maker manual say about the length/ slope/ diameter of hose concerning the fresh water from the maker to the tank?

3. Long distance to run the “final” tube of fresh water
Are you concerned about this because of the length of the run or that you will have to drill holes in bulkheads or make other modifications to run it?
See water maker manual.

4. 1- Where/how do I connect the fresh water line that comes from the water maker On the freshwater tank?
Again the water maker manual will give you a recommendation for connecting to your tank.
You need to check whether your tank has a spare nipple for an independent water maker fresh water inlet.
If so, that is what I would use.

5. 2- Or do I connect the line with a T connection , closer to intake from the deck?
That sound doable. If you go that way you will need to cut the inlet hose up high, add a tee fitting and then a line to the water maker. I would add a check valve or one way valve on that line near the connection to prevent back flow from the filler line to the water maker fresh water outlet line.

gary
1709166424111.png

浄化槽用コンパクトスィングチェックバルブ 関西化工

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2019
Hunter 40.5 Baja
It's been reported to not work, but I T'd into my vent line. However, I have had the water prematurely spill out. To stop that from happening, I crack open my fill cap and the fresh water output won't creep up the vent line accidentally

xavpil

Sep 6, 2022
Hi xavpil.
I think we can clear this up but as dj pointed out a little more information (for us and for you) is needed.
1. freshwater tank bow
The Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 419 should have two tanks.
This manual page 37 https://horizonyachtcharters.com/wp...410-2020-Tola-Sunrise-Operations-Manual-1.pdf
That should be the first thing for you to confirm.

2. my water maker is stern
Is this a new water maker that you are fitting or is it on the boat already?
What does the water maker manual say about the length/ slope/ diameter of hose concerning the fresh water from the maker to the tank?

3. Long distance to run the “final” tube of fresh water
Are you concerned about this because of the length of the run or that you will have to drill holes in bulkheads or make other modifications to run it?
See water maker manual.

4. 1- Where/how do I connect the fresh water line that comes from the water maker On the freshwater tank?
Again the water maker manual will give you a recommendation for connecting to your tank.
You need to check whether your tank has a spare nipple for an independent water maker fresh water inlet.
If so, that is what I would use.

5. 2- Or do I connect the line with a T connection , closer to intake from the deck?
That sound doable. If you go that way you will need to cut the inlet hose up high, add a tee fitting and then a line to the water maker. I would add a check valve or one way valve on that line near the connection to prevent back flow from the filler line to the water maker fresh water outlet line.

gary
View attachment 223250

浄化槽用コンパクトスィングチェックバルブ 関西化工
thx for the detailed reply!!!!
I did more research and will use a 3/4'' UNISEAL Flexible Tank Adapter

xavpil

Sep 6, 2022
With all due respect, no photos, no boat info, just thrown out like that? How is anyone going to be able to give "real" advice....

Both options you mention sound feasible. A third option would be to put in a small tank and pump, then pump the desalinated water to your main tank.

Give us more info. Someone may then give you some decent advice.

dj
Thx for the help djl. I know I should have given more info.