Water lock broke

Oct 29, 2005
Hunter Marine 326 303 Singapore
As if I haven't had enough engine issue, yesterday just as my mechanic refitted the my repaired gearbox and ran the engine to test, the Water Lock started spraying exhaust smoke and water mist!! .....sigh...:facepalm:
Luckily the leak could be easily patch using Seal Stic SS106 epoxy putty.
What's next? :banghead:

• Wow

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
Be sure to protect your muffler against freezing during the winter. Either drain it or fill it with antifreeze.

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
Personally I would not rely on a patch…. Sounds like it’s time has come. Centek marine mufflers are the best in my opinion. Call them. They are extremely helpful….. have a large selection and will also make custom to fit your needs.

Greg

Oct 29, 2005
Ken, if that muffler has perforated through the body once, you KNOW it's just getting ready to perforate somewhere else. Time for a new one.

Is your original muffler similar to this one :

View attachment 222228
Yes that's the exact same one. It broke at the inlet nozzle joint to the cylinder body. The epoxy is cyan in colour.

Attachments

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2005
Be sure to protect your muffler against freezing during the winter. Either drain it or fill it with antifreeze.
I wish we've such climate here. Here where I'm at we have only 3 seasons...Hot, Hotter, Hottest :biggrin:

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Yes that's the exact same one.
Oh PLEEEEEASE don't tell me I've got this to be looking forward to. I always thought this little thing was bullet proof. I'm off to the boat for other things today but I am going to heave on the inlet and outlet nozzles and see if anything is less than rock solid. Thanks for the info ............. I think.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Here where I'm at we have only 3 seasons...Hot, Hotter, Hottest :biggrin:
Oh crap :cuss: !

Here we are getting what the meteorologists are calling heat domes in the summer. Before all the glamorization, they were called hot spells. We get up to 28° C (82° F) for a day or two and people are running around in the streets like chickens with their heads cut off. Not a pretty sight, let me tell you :yikes:.

• Ha