Water leaking below the bilge pan 1995 Catalina 320

Apr 18, 2019
Catalina 320
Just purchased a used 1995 320 in what appears to be in good condition. Before purchase, owner disclosed that the fiberglass aqua muffler had once failed filling the shallow bilge and cabin teak sole with water. I found the sole screws removed and pulled up the teak sole for inspection. All of the compartments of the bilge still had a little lingering water, as well as some in the the settee compartments. The bilge "pan" appears to hold the bulk of any water from the shaft packing gland, but I have noticed this bilge pan also has some 3/4" to 1" holes drilled in it for various wiring, and some holes for unknown purposes. The water in the bilge pan from the muffler failure clearly filled up and flowed into these holes and now is somewhere down below the bilge pan in no mans land. I have no idea how much water is down there or how to get it out if it still exists. Does anybody have experience with this issue? Should I be concerned? How can I get it out from below this bilge pan? Thanks!
IMG_0448.JPG

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
some holes for unknown purposes
Holes near the bottom of the pan are often referred to as "limber holes". They provide a path for water to get from one area in the boat to the bilge.

Jul 4, 2012
Catalina 30' Capri Bay City, MI.
Try a turkey baster, if there's a lot of water, pull the bulb off the turkey baster and hold on to it in a shop vac hose.