Water leak from mast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belle

Jun 13, 2004
- - North Ferrisburg, VT
# 4056 1985 C-30TR leaks into the cabin from the base of the mast. How do I stop it? Thanks, Charlie

A

Allen

2 Sources

Belle, There are 2 ways water can find its way into the cabin from the mast: Either it's seeping in under the mast step or it's entering the very top of the mast & trickling down. If you suspect it's coming in under the mast step, you'll have to unstep the mast & caulk the mast step-to-deck area to seal it off. It's not only important to keep water out of the cabin, you'll want to make sure it's not entering the wooden deck core. Rot in that area is an expensive thing to fix. If you suspect it's coming from the top of the mast, you may be able to use silicone caulk to seal up any holes where water may enter. I could be wrong, but I'd say it's probably coming from the mast step. If it is, you'll want to get that taken care of as soon as practical. Good Luck, Allen Schweitzer s/v Falstaff C-30 Hull# 632

C

Charlie Gottlieb

:{ Belle Replies

Just bought the boat this summer. How do I determine which site is the cause of the water? Thanks, Charlie C-30 TR #4056

Status
Not open for further replies.