water in the wrong place Catalina 380

Feb 23, 2019
Catalina 380 Gibsons BC Canada
Hello , folks , I'm a bit of a lurker but in this case I would appreciate some advice on my Catalina 99 380 which I've for 5 years , keeps getting a significant amount of water in what I call the for peak , I wouldn't think this is normal , no apparent external leaks , but maybe coming from hoses routed through this rather large an currently unusable cavity ..
Thanks for any interest or advice.. I'm stuck.
Tom.

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
Your "Fore peak", is that a locker under the Vee berth or the forward cabin sole or what exactly? Leaks forward emanate from toe rail/stanchion bedding issues, (i.e., the mounting holes/screws leak), or port lights that leak, or leaking overhead hatches or dorade vents. Or it could be the anchor locker/drain? I'm assuming it's fresh water and not sewage or salty.
You could put some fresh paper towels around to see if there is a trail of water or just spots caused by condensation drips.

Feb 23, 2019
Your "Fore peak", is that a locker under the Vee berth or the forward cabin sole or what exactly? Leaks forward emanate from toe rail/stanchion bedding issues, (i.e., the mounting holes/screws leak), or port lights that leak, or leaking overhead hatches or dorade vents. Or it could be the anchor locker/drain? I'm assuming it's fresh water and not sewage or salty.
You could put some fresh paper towels around to see if there is a trail of water or just spots caused by condensation drips.
Yes SIR !! that is exactly what I am referring to.just ahead of the forward water tank and no drain. fresh water yes.
no dorades on this boat , and our 11 ft inflatable covers the majority of the foredeck

Initially I blamed condensation as we are staying aboard for the winter in the PNW , but we are diligent about ventilation and we like to be warm. We pulled all the bedding out as we use the aft cabin as sleeping quarters.
I haven't figured out how the manufacturer connected the anchor locker drain either..
I will try the paper towel procedure..
THANK YOU..!!

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Is there a drain in the anchor locker? If so, check the hose from the drain. It may need replacement.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Most Catalinas have owner association websites, most with forums like this one with helpful friendly people. The difference comes when there are boat=specific questions like yours. www.catalina38.org or catatlina380.org because they may have incorporated the 380 with the 38 website. Google would help. Good luck.

Feb 23, 2019
Is there a drain in the anchor locker? If so, check the hose from the drain. It may need replacement.
Yes the there is a drain in the anchor locker but I've not figured out how to access it , nno sur why it seems to be a secret..
thanks.

Feb 23, 2019
Most Catalinas have owner association websites, most with forums like this one with helpful friendly people. The difference comes when there are boat=specific questions like yours. www.catalina38.org or catatlina380.org because they may have incorporated the 380 with the 38 website. Google would help. Good luck.
Thanks ..

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
As I mentioned, you may have to remove the forward bulkhead to access the
drain/anchor well connection.

Mar 14, 2019
Catalina 380 Longport, NJ
Hello , folks , I'm a bit of a lurker but in this case I would appreciate some advice on my Catalina 99 380 which I've for 5 years , keeps getting a significant amount of water in what I call the for peak , I wouldn't think this is normal , no apparent external leaks , but maybe coming from hoses routed through this rather large an currently unusable cavity ..
Thanks for any interest or advice.. I'm stuck.
Tom.
I have a 2000 380. Same problem. I have not yet addressed it. However, when it reaches the top of my priority list I plan to install an inspection hatch to inspect drain hose clamps. The water originates in the rope locker I am sure.