Water in the Cabin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scott

Thanks for the help i guess i should tell you what i mean. I just find it hard to believe that you can not hose down the inside of the boat for cleaning purposes. The hull does not leak *knocking on wood*. I just want to wash it and i found it hard to believe that IF a cabin door was left open in a rain storm or in rough seas that there is really no built in method for getting the water out. It is not a big deal but when i got the boat i was tempted to hose it down but then found no drains. I ended up giving her a sponge bath. Thanks for all the help though.

D

Dave LaPere ( Nature's Cradle)

Hose and Go :)

Ok Scott, I follow you now. I suppose you could hose down the inside removing all perishables first, and a very good water pump set in the bilge to pump the water overboard and a hi velocity fan to dry it out on a hot summer day, but then you would have concern for electrical wiring and equipment. Not to mention the possibility of mold and mildew starting in places you can't dry out. You know there is a company that specializes in hard to clean or water and smoke damaged homes and buildings they are called "Servicemaster" and I bet if you tell them what you want to do they would have the right solution. for you. Check your local yellowpages. What you really need is a "Hose and Go boat". Just kidding here ! Happy Sailing Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.