Water in Settee Storage Compartment

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
Forum has been slow lately, so here is a question. Twice this past season I have had water in the compartment behind the starboard settee cushion. I rarely use this area so I was never sure how long the water was there, or how is got in. We had many pounding rain storms and when I checked there was no water. So I am assuming that the water got in during a port tack on a high wind sail. Does this sound right? No signs of leaking anywhere and no water anywhere else???
Am I missing something?

Cheers

dj

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
I would still think leaking deck hardware. Specifically, stanchions. Have you rebedded them yet?

You would have to be pretty healed over to get that window in the water.

Mar 6, 2009
Catalina 310 Dunedin, Fl
Hi DaveJ. I had the same problem of water in the compartments behind the settee. I found the fixed ports were not shut tight. These are on the upper area near those compartments and apparently they were leaking into those compartments right behind the settee cushions. After I tightened them, I have had no more water intrusion behind the cushions. Suggest you check those fixed ports. I found all three ports to have some of the screws a little loose. Hope this helps

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Thanks for starting this thread, I also have never had a leak BUT wife found water there (we store wine there) and I dried it up. Boat is on the hard now for the winter BUT when we go check on her I will definitely check the screws... Thanks