Water in Engine Pan?

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Where is Middle River? There is another post on this site form someone in Chicago looking to buy a C310.
This would be a GREAT LEARNING FUN trip from Baltimore to Chicago!

Dec 29, 2017
Beneteau Oceanis 411 Baltimore
This would be a GREAT LEARNING FUN trip from Baltimore to Chicago!

Agreed Alan - The big question is would you take it through canal system or go out and up through St Lawrence? We have had a number of power/ sail boats in our marina sold this year and they nearly all going via flatbed.

Oct 3, 2011
I would go through the Canal system, No Doubt. But It Will be A GREAT Adventure!!!
And a Wonderful Learning Expierence! Lifetime Memories!

Dec 29, 2017
Beneteau Oceanis 411 Baltimore
Personally I would do the St Lawrence River. Would love to experience the massive tide change, as well as see some pristine portions of the Americas.

Oct 3, 2011
That would also be the trip of a lifetime, JUST LONGER!

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 310 Scott Creek, VA
Do you have a drain hole that allows packing gland water leakage to drain to the bilge area? If so the water is from a different source. Sea (lake) water leaking by the shaft log packing will not make it into the engine drip pan on a C310 unless the limber hole (3/4" on hull 218) is plugged and the water is higher than the fiberglass pan/curb between the coupling area and the engine drip pan area.

Oct 3, 2011
I think either would be fun-as my wife says "Whatever Floats Your Boat" :banghead:
AwwShucks

• AwwShucks
  • Tuesday at 10:18 AM
  • Water in Engine Pan?
Personally I would do the St Lawrence River. Would love to experience the massive tide change, as well as see some pristine portions of the Americas.
Also depends on how much time you have!

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Not on Hull #48...there is no such drain hole.
I wondered about that. Interesting that there are many design changes to these Catalinas, such as this one. I can imagine that water dripping constantly into the engine pan was a real nuisance, and Catalina listened to the feedback of owners.