Water Heater Placement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2014
lockley-newport 23 sarasota
putting in a 6 gallon seaward water heater and looking for optional locations. the two i'm considering are in the port cockpit locker on a shelf to be built or dumping half of the quarter berth that is unusable anyway. either one seems to be workable. any thoughts out there?

D

Dan

Quarterberth

On my 87 Catalina put it under the quarterberth. The diesel tank is behind it.
I Changed out the existing without too much trouble. Some mounting wood slats may need to be glassed onto the bottom. Use of this space keeps the weight low and centered and does not used up the Lazerette. You might also consider putting a bypass on the tank to ease the winterization process.

Nov 5, 2014
lockley-newport 23 sarasota
Re: Quarterberth

the seaward heater is 13x13x19. i tried fitting it under the quarterberth, but there isn't enough height. what brand/model did you use?

jfp737

Jul 10, 2006
Catalina 30 Tall Rig Milwaukee
Re: Quarterberth

Joe-
My water heater is beneath the quarter berth. I replaced it 3 years ago. I had to remove the thin sheet metal housing on the old water heater to remove it. Also, I had to remove the housing on the new water heater, and re-install it after the tank itself was in the space. It just wouldn't fit otherwise.
Good luck,
John

Status
Not open for further replies.