Water getting into v-berth lower storage compartment h34

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Had a 1988 Hunter 33.5 that always had water in a compartment directly behind the bow and forward of the fresh water tank.
Accidently found the source after a couple years of searching. There was a delamination in the anchor locker drain hole that allowed water to seep thru when sailing in a chop or if it rained and the water drained thru the drain hole. After a month or two there was always about six inches of water in the compartment. Was present when I bought the boat. A quick epoxy patch to close the delamination fixed the leak. Note that the delamination was actually within the confines of the drain hole.

Jan 24, 2017
Hunter 34 Toms River Nj
Boat has been on the hard for 5 months now for the winter and not one drop of water in the
V berth lower storage compartments. Removed all the hanging moisture bags and two bags of charcoal form the boat cabin. Boat went in the water 2 weeks ago and it's has rained here in NJ. For almost the entire time. No water infiltration in the storage compartments dry as a bone.
I still believe my theory that is is condensation that forms during the hot humid summer months.
Still a mystery for now untill temperatures warm up here.

Jan 24, 2017
Hunter 34 Toms River Nj
I have now gone one full season since my thread about water getting into the v-berth compartments. I believe that the water in the v-berth compartments is definitely from condensation and humidity formed in the summer.

I have left the compartment lids 1/2 open and placed a induction fan used in air conditioner ducts on all summer.
Not one drop of water. This summer I plan to make a permanent fix and wire in a solar powered fan into the compartment.
It's going to be nice to be able to use this space again and not worry about things getting wet.

Jan 24, 2017
Hunter 34 Toms River Nj
Not sure what size fan I'm going to use.
Looking into a mini fan used on on a laptop computer or some how using a four inch induction duct fan that I originally used this summer that I wired to a plug and plugged into an extension cord.
I'm not sure if they will work on a small solar panel. I still have to calculate the electricity draw and figure out what will work best.
All I am looking to do is just create a little air flow.