Water feed to head sink

SeanP

Jun 6, 2017
Hunter 31 Portland
Hi helpful forum!

I repaired the down drain on the sink in the head. When I turn the water pump on, I get water at the galley but just mere sputtering at the head faucet. Does anyone have any idea if there is typically a controlling valve for the water running forward to the head?

Thanks a ton!

Sean

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
Remember the mystery 'Water" fill hose?
I think there is a leak in your fresh water system that was created when the missing water tank was disconnected. You're going to have to track back from the head sink faucet connection to any and all connections (L's and T's) in the water lines all the way to the pump with the pump on and the tank full and the faucets closed and with a good work light!

When you're done, you'll have earned your "Fresh Water System" merit badge. And you will be happy! It won't be the last badge of honor you'll need to earn, but it's a good one to start the process.
BTW, when you get to fuel and electrical systems, call in a pro for guidance. ;)

SeanP

Jun 6, 2017
Hunter 31 Portland
Remember the mystery 'Water" fill hose?
I think there is a leak in your fresh water system that was created when the missing water tank was disconnected. You're going to have to track back from the head sink faucet connection to any and all connections (L's and T's) in the water lines all the way to the pump with the pump on and the tank full and the faucets closed and with a good work light!

When you're done, you'll have earned your "Fresh Water System" merit badge. And you will be happy! It won't be the last badge of honor you'll need to earn, but it's a good one to start the process.
BTW, when you get to fuel and electrical systems, call in a pro for guidance. ;)
Was worried that was going to be the suggestion ;) Thanks! Will do...

HMT2

Mar 20, 2014
Hunter 31 828 Shoreacres, TX
First I would check aerator on the faucet. It may be clogged with debris.

DJAY

Apr 16, 2018
Hunter 31 Saylorville Lake
Sean:
Unless someone added it there is no control valve for water going to the head faucet. I'm pretty sure there are no L's or T's past the water heater/galley area; only a solid run of hose/pipe.

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
I think HMT2 may be on to something. Water can leave deposits in that aerator over time which would slow the flow. A spider web/nest could do the same.
Lots of possibilities...

SeanP

Jun 6, 2017
Hunter 31 Portland
Thanks all....will continue to investigate. The water pump never shuts off so thinking there is something afoot here....