Waste Pump Out Sizing Problem.

Jun 7, 2016
Catalina C30 Warwick, RI
I am in the process of replacing all of my black water hoses and macerator (yay for me). I removed the old hose the other day and amazingly there was Zero smell!!! Apparently after the boat sat for 7 years all of the smell was done smelling :biggrin:I WIN!!!

Anyways, here is my current problem. The output for the tank is 1 1/2", the macerator input is 1 1/2" the biggest sanitation hose I can find is 1 1/2", My Waste deck fill pump out is........2 inches. The manufacturer just used a 2 inch Exhaust hose :banghead:for the black water and just clamped it down to fit the 1 1/2" fittings.

Easy fix right, buy a new deck fill in appropriate diameter. Did and done. My concern once I got it, is the opening that you connect the pump out hose too is much smaller than the old one and since it's been a while, I can't recall if a pump out hose will properly fit a smaller diameter deck fill. Here is the deck fill I bought:

Second solution by a 1 1/2" to 2" hose Mender and just use another type of hose for the last foot or two to connect up to the deck fill. Problem is I can't for the life of me find a hose mender sized to go from 1 1/2" to 2"

Third solution/s and I've never used either so I'm not sure what to buy, is purchase one of these:

or

my only reservation albeit a small one, is I really don't want to have to keep, clean, and store in a container my own special poop covered adapter tool just to pump out.

So in summary:

Does anyone know of a 1 1/2" to 2" hose mender? (most preferred so the hardware stays and looks the same)

Will the 1 1/2" deck fill I bought work with regular pump outs? (second preferred)

Should I buy / will the adapter fit and use that? (least preferred)

Lastly as a bonus for all your help;), I did take a picture of the inside of the tank from the bottom discharge port if anyone is interested and wants to see what the inside of a 35 year old septic tank looks like. (don't worry it's not really gross, just interesting)

Thanks All:thumbup:

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
I'm not sure I understand the problem.

The deck fitting you bought should work fine with both the 1.5" hose and with the pump out fitting.

Are you installing the macerator in the pump out hose? Or in a separate hose to an overboard discharge.

The only concern I see with using a 1.5" deck fitting is the existing hole will be too large. That's an easy fix because it will not be a structural fix.

Jun 7, 2016
Catalina C30 Warwick, RI
Sorry for any confusion, the "problem" is the new deck fill hole when uncapped is much smaller than the factory one and I want to make sure that when I go to a pump out station the pump out hose will still work with a smaller diameter opening. Approximately 1 1/2" vs 2 inch

The macerator is T'd into the hose with its own overboard discharge.

The new deck fitting flange diameter is actually larger than the original so it will cover all the old mounting holes.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Sorry for any confusion, the "problem" is the new deck fill hole when uncapped is much smaller than the factory one and I want to make sure that when I go to a pump out station the pump out hose will still work with a smaller diameter opening. Approximately 1 1/2" vs 2 inch

The macerator is T'd into the hose with its own overboard discharge.

The new deck fitting flange diameter is actually larger than the original so it will cover all the old mounting holes.
You should not have problem with the new deck fitting.