Washer for galley sink drain

Mikem

Dec 20, 2009
Hunter 466 Bremerton
I have searched in vain for two replacement washers for my 2003 H466 galley sink drains. I think the numbers, 33 x 30 x 2 are metric, describing the OD, ID and width. I have looked at Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware, Fastenal, Ferguson waterworks, Amazon, McMaster Carr, Grainger, SBO and Catalina direct. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Oct 9, 2008
Bristol 29.9 Dana Point
Did you call Hunter?
Also you might try restaurant and bar suppliers. Many galley sinks are merely retasked bar sinks. See if there's a part number on the underside of the sink.

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 340 Forked River, NJ
I had to fabricate one myself out of rubber gasket stock when I culd not find one.

Bob J.

Apr 14, 2009
Sabre 28 NH
Sink drains, the part of the basket or grid strainer that sits in the sink typically has plumbers putty between it & the bottom of the sink. If this gasket is being used on the finished side of the sink throw it away & use putty. It'll squeeze out as you tighten the assembly.

Mikem

Dec 20, 2009
Hunter 466 Bremerton
Did you call Hunter?
Also you might try restaurant and bar suppliers. Many galley sinks are merely retasked bar sinks. See if there's a part number on the underside of the sink.
Have not called Hunter but did contact SBO as this is a 2003 model.

Mikem

Dec 20, 2009
Hunter 466 Bremerton
Sink drains, the part of the basket or grid strainer that sits in the sink typically has plumbers putty between it & the bottom of the sink. If this gasket is being used on the finished side of the sink throw it away & use putty. It'll squeeze out as you tighten the assembly.
This is under the sink and are PVC fittings. I might give plumbers putty a try since it is just a drain and no pressure. Thanks

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 260 winnipeg, Manitoba
Sounds like a sink strainer washer for 1-1/4”. Should be available in plumbing section of Lowe’s, menards, Home Depot - May be individual or part of a washer set.

Take your old one in with you.

This place seems to have a wide variety of different sizes.

https://www.hardwareandtools.com/plumb-pak-pp835-57-mack-washer-sink-strainer-1-1-4-dala-5052.html

Likely doesn’t need to be exact size match as long as it fits in nut and doesn’t block inner drain diameter too much. The 2 is likely a 2mm thickness.

This may be an option from Home Depot.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-Assorted-Slip-Joint-and-Rubber-Washers-C2699C/205153665

Or can you find a large enough o-ring that would fit?
https://www.mcmaster.com/9262k651
Above is 1.5mm thick. 2mm is avail with slightly smaller id.

Last edited:

Mikem

Dec 20, 2009
Hunter 466 Bremerton
Thanks to all that replied. Part of getting what you need is knowing what to ask for. What I wanted was a washer for my under the sink drain. Once I knew to ask for a “slip joint nut washer” and install it correctly (only get two choices) it was less than a 5 minute job. Well now I know and thanks again. Is this a great forum or what