Wash your food before eating...

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
They are clever buggers. Fool me once with the disappearing food. But eventually I'll figure it out.

Nasty buggers. Two of them tried to eat my cat. Nasty Buggers. Cat lost 60% or her tail. We changed her name to Nubbins.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
They are clever buggers. Fool me once with the disappearing food. But eventually I'll figure it out.

Nasty buggers. Two of them tried to eat my cat. Nasty Buggers. Cat lost 60% or her tail. We changed her name to Nubbins.
I never thought of Coons as hunters. Good to know.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
I had an unaltered tom when I was in high school, very loving in the house, but very tough when outside. I learned just how tough one day when he arrived, beaten, scratched, and bloodied, with one of his "gifts" - an equally bloodied but considerably more dead coon. I was extremely impressed.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Made the mistake of leaving some trail mix inside my REI tent while attending a gathering at the camp fire a ways away. Came back and as I approached, heard a ruckus inside the tent. They got in by chewing a hole in the floor of the tent. Grrr. Ruined a nice dome tent.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
About 15 years ago, we were camping at a state park on a lake and we had our sailboat anchored nearby. It was a great set up. We could go sailing when the wind was right or hiking when it was not. We came back from a sail to find a squirrel had chewed a head-sized hole in the top of the peanut butter jar. With its head firmly stuck in the jar, the peanut butter jar was flopping all over camp. I almost died of laughter.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
At least you still got the dome...
I do. Patched the hole, bought a new tent on sale at REI, now the dome tent is a spare for the kids to use. One thing worth mentioning, we have a family of Raccoons (large adult and two juveniles) and Possums that visit us regularly. They like the chicken and turkey scraps that we toss out for them, Hey, they gotta eat, too.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Those critters are fine until they put a napkin around their necks and start yelling, “Cat. Cat. Cat...” for diner! :yikes: