Was your significant other into sailing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ODO Editorial

When you met your spouse or significant other, were they also into sailing? If not, did you teach them? How did it go? Do you sail together now? If they were already sailors, was it this passion that brought you together? What part does sailing play in your relationship with your SO. Inquiring minds want to know your story. Be sure to weigh in this week's quick quiz.

L

Lee

SO sailing

My fiance' has only sailed with me a few times but she says she really likes it. I don't know if she'll be as nuts about it as I am but I appreciate that she enjoys the peace of sailing and cruising. I love my O'Day 222 and I'm constantly trying to make it better. By-the-way, will a bimini fit on this size boat? I was wondering if the boom was a bit too low.

S

Steve

she would rather go shopping

Although my wife and I have sailed together several times and had some great sails, she really has little interest in sailing. Last August I purchased an O'Day Mariner and she has yet to step foot on it. It is also always refered to as "his boat". I will have to rely on my kids to crew for me.

J

Joe McGinnis

Sailing with your S.O.

When my wife and I met a few years ago, we both had a passion to learn to sail. She encouraged me to purchase our first boat (Catalina 22), which we day sailed, and overnighted on the lower bay of Green Bay. As our skills, and spirit of adventure grew, so did our desires for a "bigger boat." Our O'Day 32 fits the bill just fine. She has been involed in doing everthing from repairs, to redecorating, to sailing. She loves to learn more; and we just got back from a week's vacation on the boat, and she is ready to go again. We look at the boat as a compromise. She always wanted a home on the water. Now we have a "2 bedroom; 1 and half bath; with a screened in porch." And if we don't like our neighbors, we move!

O

ODO Editorial

Final results

Final results for the Quick Quiz ending 8/14/2000: Was your spouse or significant other into sailing when you met? 75% No 25% Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.