want to see Interior up grades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2007
Ranger33 25 NewOrleans
I would like to see your interior upgrades, especially if you live aboard your Magregor. Ideas of up grades you haven't done yet will do also. I have a Venture magregor 25 and am thinking of becoming a live aboard. It will just be me and the occasional friend Wink Wink. I have a power inverter for shore power from a popup camper. and after Katrina I cut a piece of wood for the companion way so I could put a window unit on the boat wile I renovated my house. pics say a thousand words so lets see them.

Jun 3, 2004
Macgregor 25 So. Cal.
You can have a look around here.

http://s361.photobucket.com/albums/oo57/Tmebandt/

The boat is up for two but we often go out with another couple.

Max stay, with out a dock stop for refueling, restocking, rebeering and emptying the porta-pottie is about 4 days.

We live out of an ice chest and the only cooking is done on a small grill on the pushpit---sometimes.

An aft wall blocks off the area from the campanion way aft with doors for access.

I am guessing you will be at a marina with shore power and shower and tolet and a good restraurant.

May 4, 2005
Macgregor 26d Ft Lauderdale, Fl
if you are going for a live aboard, you probably want to raise the poptop and seal it up.

are you planning to be on the hook, or at a marina with shore power?

heating would be something to think about in NOLA.

Feb 14, 2007
Ranger33 25 NewOrleans
Yes I will be in a slip most of the time. I need to find the black plastic pieces that hold the pop top to the pips that hold it up. three of them have broke and the pop top will no longer stay up. and got any good ideas on a compact heater.

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
.....got any good ideas on a compact heater.
I wouldn't want to run any 'fuel' heater on a boat our size while I'm sleeping or sleepy and would get a good CO detector that also can tell you the amounts over time that can be just as dangerous as high levels. You would want that if cooking on the boat. We have added one.

If they allow it I'd just put on a small elect. space heater and try and compartmentalize the boat so that I was just heating the area where I was.

Good luck,

Sum

Our Trips to Lake Powell, UT - Kootenay Lake, Canada - Priest Lake, ID

Our Mac Pages

Mac-Venture Links

Jun 3, 2004
Macgregor 25 So. Cal.
Black plastic pieces----

Yes I will be in a slip most of the time. I need to find the black plastic pieces that hold the pop top to the pips that hold it up. three of them have broke and the pop top will no longer stay up. and got any good ideas on a compact heater.

Apr 25, 2005
Macgregor Venture 25 My Backyard
Little black mounts

I had the same issue on mine, so what I did was to get one, and us it as a model, and I made a new set of four out of the HDPE or seaboard. I started with a square block that is 3/4" think and rounded them off and drilled a hole to fit the support pipes. A little work, but they are way stronger and look better than the black ones. I used the existing holes from the cabin top, and bedded them on silicon when I installed. I think they were originally giant fairleads, but I couldn't find any that size, so I made them. Ig I can find any pics, I will send them your way.

Gregg

May 4, 2005
Macgregor 26d Ft Lauderdale, Fl
pretty much any ceramic electric heater - they will not ignite tissue paper. (I tried that). but not sure long term effects on fiberglass. (probably need 2)

http://www.google.com/products/cata...og_result&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CFEQ8wIwBQ#

how much will you actually use the boat for sailing or motoring? Most live-a-boards rarely if ever leave the dock except to move to another dock.

If that's the case, I'd make some plywood sides and glass them, maybe with some plexiglass windows. sealing the poptop will be very important. I don't think canvas will cut it. probably want a small fridge, and electric range.

I'd be thinking about your shore power setup... you'll need a good 30amp service setup, with GFI's. flourcesent lighting. etc.

After that, I'd be thinking about your laptop/computer/TV connectivity. Then pressure water.

but if this is just a weekend deal, you may want to go a different route.

-your intent?

Aug 1, 2007
- - Canada
You can have a look at my album showing the mods I made to my Mac25. I don't live aboard, but I made it a lot more comfortable to spend extended trips.

Good luck with your project !
Martin

Feb 14, 2007
Ranger33 25 NewOrleans
sorry for the reply delay.

Sorry for the delay on the reply. I was tooling around Lake Poinchatrain in my boat and had no internet.

I will be living on it for the long term. till I can afford a larger boat wich will take at least a year or two. I like the price of thwe heater from west marine. but how good does it heat. not up to speed on the BTU thing guess i'll learn something new though.

Time bandit , its the black plastic pieces that go around the pop top poles.

Gregg 9020 if you have any pics I would love them

Jul 29, 2010
Macgregor 76 V-25 #928 Lake Mead, Nevada
In regard to poptop "pips". Contact Bluwater Yachts in Seatlle Wa. They specialize in Macgregor Stuff. Gool Luck....

Jun 3, 2004
Macgregor 25 So. Cal.
I rarely use the high setting and it keeps my boat toasty when the weather is in the 50's, high is good when you get a chill.

My heater (old) has a wire leg that tilts it up a little and it sets in the foot well under the table and next to the support leg, aimed at the walk way.

I have slept in the boat in the driveway in temps below 40 and the worst thing is when you roll up aginst the liner in the Vee birth the plastic is cooooold.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.