Want to rent by night in lieu of hotel in San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2011
Lancer 27PS 27 Powersailer Ohio - Lake Erie
Crazy thought.
I'm heading to San Francisco for work and thought it would be great if someone rented out their boat for people just to sleep on and of course shower. This would be so much better than staying in a hotel. Do you know of any crazy enough to offer their boat for nightly rentals like a hotel?
Thanks

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau FIRST 42 Coos Bay, Oregon
Crazy thought.
I'm heading to San Francisco for work and thought it would be great if someone rented out their boat for people just to sleep on and of course shower. This would be so much better than staying in a hotel. Do you know of any crazy enough to offer their boat for nightly rentals like a hotel?
Thanks
There is.....was down at pier 39 awhile back and saw a couple boats in the marina next door with signs on them "Sleep on this boat"..
you might call pier 39 and ask if they have any info..

Apr 8, 2010
Frers 33 41426 Westport, CT
Check airbnb.com I have rented my 27' for that exact purpose before (for someone living in Manhattan, it is normally a step up in living space!)

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Most marinas will prohibit sub letting the boat to non insured users. Any commercial activity will change the nature of the rental agreement. At least that's what I found out here in San Diego. Now...... if you just give the key to a friend for a few nights stay you could circumvent the commercial restriction... but, again, there may be liability issues.

In my locale... Marina Village Marina.... it's absolutely verbotten.

In any event, if you are a boat owner considering this.... better to check your rental agreement, insurance policy and your sub lesse's background and credit... because all kind of shit could happen once you give the gate key to a stranger.

LuzSD

Feb 21, 2009
Catalina 30 San Diego/ Dana Point, Ca.
there is one in Shelter Cove Marina in San Diego. It's a nice sailboat, maybe 36? I think it runs about $100 per nite and have heard good things about it.

Aug 20, 2011
Macgregor 25 Sacramento, CA
Maybe a sailing school / club as they're already in the business of renting out their boats. Can't think of one in SF proper but OCSC is in Berkeley (view would be so so) and Modern Sailing in Sausalito (better views). I'm not associated with either of these but have been out on their boats.

Status
Not open for further replies.