Wallpaper in the head?

Sep 27, 2008
Hunter 33 salem
Anyone replace that whack stuff in the head that is sorta kinda wallpaper?
Ours has seen batter days.
looking for ideas
Thank for any advice

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
If your boat is a Hunter 33 from the 70's/early 80's, it is a vinyl covering that can be cleaned with some aggressive elbow grease and many different cleaners.
If it has multiple dings, holes, tears, or is de-laminating from the plywood bulkhead, you can peel it off with the help of a putty knife and a heat gun.
There are similar kinds of material available to install as replacement, as well as PVC panels that can be used. Or you can sand and prep the bulkhead for fiberglass, fairing and/or paint.
What are your thoughts?

Bradv

Jul 30, 2016
Hunter 31 Lewis and Clark Lake
So does anybody have a source to buy this stuff and how to replace it? What is it called? I have used white duct tape to patch mine up which looks (only slightly) better than the torn and loose edges.

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
Brad, google "vinyl wall paper"
There were only 230 mil. hits for it.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
There are vinyl wallcoverings made for use in bathrooms, so they should be just fine on a boat. I redid mine...and can provide instructions for applying it OVER your existing wall covering if you'd like to send me a PM. Follow those instructions and it'll look as good or better than the builder original.

--Peggie

Bradv

Jul 30, 2016
Hunter 31 Lewis and Clark Lake
I found the product that I think is what is commonly used in boats. it is 3M Di-NOC. Self adhesive and able to be formed around irregular shapes. I'm ordering a small sheet to give a try. Videos on youtube of people redoing their entire boat interiors. Fun times...