Wallas Diesel Heater help

Jan 26, 2021
Hunter 280 West Vancouver
I had a nice working Wallas Heater (think a 3000d) that all of a sudden packed it in. Keeps blowing the fuse.

Having a hard time finding much of anything regarding troubleshooting or documentation online, anyone have any experience dealing with these when they stop working?

Am in BC, and even finding someone to service seems kind of challenging

Thanks

Shivering in Van ;-p

Jan 26, 2021
Hunter 280 West Vancouver
Hi Shivering.
I found the manual.
Thanks John, looks like the right version, but doesn't seem to deal with troubleshooting this problem, fuse seems to blow before we get any feedback. Appreciate the help!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
The guys at Scan Marine are pretty good. They were helpful to me.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Thanks Terry, will give them a call! Appreciate it!
You're welcome. Please let us know how your quest turns out and what was the cause. John and I both have forced air Wallas furnaces. I self installed ours in 2006 and really enjoy the comfort it offers during our many off-season cruises. Quiet, and power and fuel consumption thrifty. Was out around the San Juan Islands all last week and looked forward to going below deck where it was warm and cozy.

Last edited:

leo310

Dec 15, 2006
Catalina 310 44 Campbell River BC
Look at your wiring diagram after the fuse as a blown fuse means you have a short that get s full current.

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
Am in BC, and even finding someone to service seems kind of challenging
Not much closer to you but at least on the same side of the border. Gartside Marine website shows that they are a Wallas dealer. Rest assured that if they sell it they will service it. I have never in my life received product support like I have from Ben Gartside. Ever. They don’t get any better than Gartside Marine.
Gartside Marine

Jun 7, 2021
Nassau Steel Cruisers 33 Hamilton
My Wallas stove is garbage. It never worked correctly from the day I purchased it new. I tried everything short of replacing it.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Wow @Stelten. Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear you had such a problem. Did the problems start with installing the unit?

My friend bought one here in the PacificNW. Had the unit installed. It functions as advertised. I have enjoyed sailing with him in the late fall. The stove warmed the cabin and provided a cooktop to heat water, soup, and chili dinner. We were aboard his Cal 31 so not a big space to heat.

I would not want to rely on the stove to heat the whole boat to 70 F in the middle of winter. I am not sure it was designed for that task.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Wonder if the OP solved his Wallas 30D dilemma. Been awhile.