Waccamaw Morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2008
Endeavour 32 Portland, Maine
I had the anchor aboard almost before there was enough light to see my way out of the creek as the tide was turning against me and the wind was forecast to rise. Neither happened.

The air was so still it was like sliding up the river on a huge mirror as the sun lit up the Cypress Swamps.

Full album here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3591927937294.115157.1846284215&type=1&l=c9b450c93c

The tide data in the GPS is for a point closer to Georgetown and the current turns later the farther you go up the river. I was able to keep pace with the change and thus had fair current all the way up into the land cut.

Once in the ditch, the ebb was in my direction so I had a boost for all but the last few of this 43 mile day. However, the wind did come up and was cold blowing straight down most of the waterway turning the rest of the day into a cold grind.

I'm now anchored just a few hundred yards from North Carolina, 36% of the way from Beaufort, SC to Mile Zero.

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
Those are great pictures Roger, any one of them could be a jigsaw puzzle. Glad to see you're making good time, the weather should warm a bit for you.

All U Get

Dec 8, 2006
Oday 26 Starr, SC
great disappointment

I had the anchor aboard almost before there was enough light to see my way out of the creek as the tide was turning against me and the wind was forecast to rise. Neither happened.

The air was so still it was like sliding up the river on a huge mirror as the sun lit up the Cypress Swamps.

Full album here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3591927937294.115157.1846284215&type=1&l=c9b450c93c

The tide data in the GPS is for a point closer to Georgetown and the current turns later the farther you go up the river. I was able to keep pace with the change and thus had fair current all the way up into the land cut.

Once in the ditch, the ebb was in my direction so I had a boost for all but the last few of this 43 mile day. However, the wind did come up and was cold blowing straight down most of the waterway turning the rest of the day into a cold grind.

I'm now anchored just a few hundred yards from North Carolina, 36% of the way from Beaufort, SC to Mile Zero.
----------------------- // ----------------------------------

It was a great disappointment that you
choose to post pictures to facebook.

Facebook, Google, et. al., make huge
amounts of money data mining. While
Google propably data mines this forum,
it does so second hand, unless Capt Herring
is giving them inside access for money
or favors.

Some sites do not allow direct data mining.

Some search engines do not allow data mining.

While posting hereon, I expect no privacy or
secrets, I choose not to actively support the
data miners. It disappoints me that you do.

And the weather forecast for the next few
days has soured, too.

Ed K

Attachments

RichH

Feb 14, 2005
Tayana 37 cutter; I20/M20 SCOWS Worton Creek, MD
The Waccamaw ..... HAS to be the most beautiful area on the entire east coast of North America.
Take your time and ENJOY the views, especially the 1000s of now abandoned slave worked rice fields that are continually and slowly going back to nature. This is a very 'interesting' area if youre a history buff.

Status
Not open for further replies.