Vision 32 Head floor

May 23, 2011
Hunter Hunter Vision 32 Daytona Beach
So, since I have had my Vision 32. The floor in front of the toilet was springy. I pulled off the brown floor mat and discovered a panel underneath Was this standard for Hunter? The reason I ask is when I unscrewed the floor I found the support brace was soaked from a pin point leak. Apparently the screw went through the hull a tiny bit to allow a slow drip.

Attachments

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Great find!!................time to remove the screw, fill the screw hole and re-glass over it. I had a similar issue on poor bilge pump installation where a screw penetrated the hull on an older powerboat I purchased last year. Sure glad the boat yard discovered it and I found a boat fiberglasscontractor to remove the screw, fill the hole and re-glass over it.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Screw installation should require consideration, like cutting rules. Measure twice cut once.

Inspect the location, depth of the material and the screw length. 3 times. Before you attempt installation. The check to see if anything is leaking.

That is not the first screw to puncture a hull and it will not be the last.

May 23, 2011
Hunter Hunter Vision 32 Daytona Beach
Used some JB Weld some amazing stuff. Did what the head guy in the boatyard told me to do. Filled the hole until no leak was seen. Then glassed over the hard as rock JB Weld. A week later no leaks! Replaced the panel with starboard. Post pictures will be coming soon

Aug 21, 2019
Hunter Vision 32 Shilshole Bay Marina
Hello fellow V32 owner! That certainly is an interesting find. My Vision has a pretty good sized dimple in the hull from where a yard blocked it up sometime in a previous owner's tenure (I have an '89). V32s of that vintage were known to be weakly reinforced in that particular area of the hull, in part because of how the holding tank needed to be installed. Hunter's advice (and they used to reimburse the owner for this repair!!) was to have yard professional cut away the shower pan, and glass in a couple short stringers - which might be what we're looking at in your photos, depending on your boat's year of manufacture. Eventually, Hunter got tired of shelling out the cash to have owner's retrofit their structural oversight, and started installing those stringers at the factory. If this type of repair were indeed performed on your vessel, it would seem whomever did the work didn't take @jssailem's advice ;) Glad you found it and took corrective action!!