View Discretion Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2008
Endeavour 32 Portland, Maine
Viewer Discretion Advised

The horrible things people do to boats.

Steel angle iron. It looks a lot worse closer up where you can see the paint, the bedding to the teak, and the roughly glassed in outboard well.

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
I presume, as a naval architect, you don't approve.

Do you have any clue what the h*ll this is? All I can think of is a cage for a go-go dancer....

Nov 22, 2008
Endeavour 32 Portland, Maine
All I can think of is a cage for a go-go dancer....
I was thinking maybe it would be enclosed and have a bench with a hole in it for legal direct deposit sewage discharge. The outboard motor would get a bit messy but it would be going underwater in following seas often enough that I don't think that would be a significant problem.

Aug 20, 2010
Oday 27 Oak Orchard
That's almost as bad as YOT before I got a hold of it. I think some previous owner wanted to see how many holes they could put in it before it sank. Power tools in the wrong hands are a real tragedy. Could that thing be an outboard mount for a large HP motor. That would be quite a motorsailer.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
I have a feeling that may have been a platform/cage for a camera crew and equipment. Maybe still is...or is about to be. If so, there are obviously some pieces of it missing.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
We are gonna need follow up ! .. It seems that with no lateral bracing, the outboard is going to move that mounting plate a good bit.. Won't take much pitching in waves to put the engine under and then out of the water.. The mounting plate is going to act as a hydro-brake when it gets in the water from a little heel and a little stern wave!.. What the heck IS that thing ?? Is that guy related to the guy who did the old pirate ship that recently sank?

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
1976 formosa 41 yankee clipper santa barbara. ca.(not there)
MY bubba doesnt need any thing added to boat...LOL a mother in law cottage might be a goood name for it--mebbe some kinda bimi8ni and panel stowage..LOL. with room inside for hoomins.....LOL

Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
And perhaps a solar panel arch?

No words ....

Regratably, I've seen worse. I've always wondered how many make it to the water. Perhaps, like baby seaturtles, many never make it off the beach.

Jun 9, 2008
- -- -Bayfield
Maybe it is the way Sarah Palin will next enter the public eye. I hope she doesn't invade the sailing scene.

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Why pay for expensive davits, solar panel tower, propane tank locker, motor mount, generator platform when you can have this multiuse, real low tech contraption for under $50.

Jul 17, 2009
Endeavour/Chrysler E-32/C-22 swimming pool
I hate to see to much clutter on a boat but when things are crudely done it just makes me sea sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.