Veterans Day, 2020

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
When I got my RealID DL in MD last year, I brought my DD214 along and now my DL has "Veteran" on it. Of course as with @Brian D , I have a retired ID card, so am good to go. :beer:
2 mistakes I made while I was in the Marines. 1) I turned down the offer while I was in boot camp to go into OCS. 2) I didn't go into the reserves and get my 20 in. Either/Both would have changed my life and put me into a better position at retirement .

May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
My brother enlisted in the Air Force right out of high school. Everything was going well for him, early promotions and what have you. He quit after 10 years (1/2 way to retirement) because he was tired of following the rules. I think he's regretted that decision for a long time.

Apr 8, 2010
Ericson Yachts Olson 34 28400 Portland OR
Kansas puts Veteran status on drivers licenses so you don't have to carry a DD214 with you all the time.
So does Oregon. I showed it yesterday for my free meal at a restaurant (carry out).
:)
When some says "thank you for your service" I have learned that a simple "thank you" completes the exchange nicely.

Last edited: