Vernazza, Italy

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
You know it will be.

We travel, the airlines get more expensive and more restricted in what we can carry and bring back. I keep telling my wife, "if we came on a boat, you could buy that and get it home." She is way past eye rolling, every time I mention sailing to our destination. :rolleyes:

She says she wants to sail, she's just sick of me talking about it at every opportunity.

-Will
When I was in Vernazza, like anywhere beautiful on the sea, I imagined being there in our boat. My vision: Open roadstead anchorage, barely a cleft in a rocky cliff shore and wind is building and it's starting to rain. Dragging anchor at 3am,...

It doesn't take long for the reality to cure my fantasy; a nice secure hotel room steps away, all my life support systems are in a light carry-on bag and I'm sitting at a bistro table by the harbor enjoying the view.

I often come to the same conclusion: My boat is too much baggage for the way I like to travel far from home.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Or the fantasy could play out as:

A gentle breeze drifts in, gracing the strands of my wife’s hair, golden in the setting Sun. We share a glass of wine and speak softly about the beauty enjoyed sailing along this foreign coastline. The contrasting colors and friendly people we met. They wonder about our journeys. They want to hear sea tales. Share a glimpse of our life.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston

A gentle breeze drifts in, gracing the strands of my wife’s hair, golden in the setting Sun. We share a glass of wine and speak softly about the beauty enjoyed sailing along this foreign coastline. The contrasting colors and friendly people we met. They wonder about our journeys. They want to hear sea tales. Share a glimpse of our life.
Yeah me too… and at some point I’d startle and exclaim…. When did you bleach your hair:beer:

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor

"What a fine day we've had on the Amalfi coast, Jon. Jude will accompany me home on Alitalia tomorrow. We'll see you and the boat back on the mooring, in a month,...or three. Ciao, baby!"

TalentedMrRipley 0016 Bird.jpg