Vanguard Volant 18'

May 12, 2009
Hunter 28.5 Oconto, WI
I need a little bit of help. I purchased a Vanguard Volant 18' it is from 1985. I have a rough photocopy of the brochure and cannot make anything out in any of the pictures. Just looking for some details on this boat........
Thank you, Mark Nelson
:)

Jul 31, 2015
Vanguard Volant Wayzata
I've got one

I can help. Probably not with printed material but I can answer all the questions you have.

Sep 29, 2015
vanguard volant greensboro, nc
I own a Vanguard and have original brochure as well as 30 years sailing this magnificent boat. How can I help?

Jan 4, 2010
Pacific Seacraft Flicka Sailstar
30 years! I just bought one Thursday. Last Thursday.. so that makes 3 days!

goon

Aug 18, 2018
Vanguard Volant Lake Bde Maka Ska
Hi Guys -- I just bought an '82 Volant myself. If anyone can email me scans of the brochure/manual I would really appreciate it!

Aug 24, 2018
Varylyay, Vanguard Snipe, Volant Alexandria
Hi there! I am about to find myself inheriting a Volant of my own! I was hoping I might be able to be sent a scan of the brochure from someone who has it! I’ve been having the hardest time finding any info on the boat online! Adam.c.pod@gmail.com ! I’d be forever grateful! Thanks!!

Jul 25, 2020
Vanguard Volant Inland in state of Virginia
Hello folks! Purchased a ‘90-something Volant recently and seller couldn’t locate rigging manual. Some beers and some friends later, this afternoon and we were able to get it pretty close, but I’d appreciate any resources you all know of. A pdf scan or somewhere online where it can be had. Thanks in advance for any help!!

Aug 31, 2021
Vanguard Volant Milwaukee
Hi, I am in the process of purchasing a Vanguard Volant Sailboat, and would appreciate any help with information on the boat.
Specifically an owners manual, rigging instructions etc,. Also if anyone has sails for this boat I also need a main, jib, and spinnaker and would prefer not to buy new if I can avoid it.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Looks like a fun daysail.
Here is a link with a lot of pictures.
This does not sound like you first sailboat. I suspect the rigging is similar in form to the Laser or many of the 18ft daysail boats.

As far as sails, once you have the measurements you might find a near match for little money from one of the used sail places like Bacon. You might even look on line with someplace like Doyle Sails and see if they have the specs.

Looking at Sailing Anarchy I read this bit of local news for a sailor from Wisconsin... "The Milwaukee Community Sailing Center had a fleet of these for years".

Good luck

Sep 29, 2015
vanguard volant greensboro, nc
Hi, I am in the process of purchasing a Vanguard Volant Sailboat, and would appreciate any help with information on the boat.
Specifically an owners manual, rigging instructions etc,. Also if anyone has sails for this boat I also need a main, jib, and spinnaker and would prefer not to buy new if I can avoid it.
I have a Volant that has every factory installed rigging. If I can be of any help let me know.
Sorry, no manual on how to rig, just a sales brochure.