Value for a 1985 Com-Pac 19?

Apr 19, 2020
Catalina 22 Traverse City
I have found a 1985 Comp-Pac 19 for sale in an area relatively close to me, but the price seems way to steep for the boat. The owner is asking $5900 for the boat which seems extreme, since it has an original main and jib, a new 130 Genoa, original mainsail cover, a 1960 Johnson outboard motor, and a bilge pump. It sits on the original trailer, which seems in decent shape but is from 1985. I am interested in the boat, the hull itself and the keel seem to be in good condition as well as the rigging, but that value seems extremely high, especially with the economy what it is right now. Any information on what you guys think would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
It seems high to me. IP's are a premium brand 'though. I think the answer is what could you turn it around and sell it for? If you really like and boat, you can afford it and it meets your needs the price isn't that important.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
You will want a new main and OB.

See if he will sell it without the ob and ask to knock $900 off the price

sgiarc

Feb 12, 2019
beneteau 461 port colborne
Figure out what you are willing to pay and put the cash in your pocket. Cash does wonders for reducing prices.

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
in fact, that's a very fair price for one of those. com-pac quality, from freshwater. they are prized pieces. that said, it's a buyers market and cash is king. "let the bidding begin"

Mar 2, 2019
Oday 25 Milwaukee
The outboard might be the piece of the puzzle that would concern me. Not enough to keep me from seriously considering it however . Great boats that hold a very good resale value .The price seems more than fair actually

moc4

Jul 12, 2009
2 19 Starr, SC
I looked at a 19’ in SC - $4800 ‘95, sails good, older Nissan outboard, trailer had significant rust. Boat was in excellent condition.

Feb 19, 2008
Catalina Capri 18 ann arbor
I was looking for a Com-pac 19 4 years ago and all I could find were in awful condition, and asking $5000.
I ended up with a mid 90s Capri 18 which was in really good condition for less.

if it’s in good condition, I would have jumped on it.